MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NW Mobile DEV update [Completed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am developing a mobile theme so I would be giving update on it here and on my forum . I am not a official documents writer so just take it as it is (blunt Dodgy )  

The mobile theme was made to have all the features of the typical desktop themes, like full loaded javascript, modal login, modal my alerts, code buttons and smiley on new thread and new reply. 

I know this features sound basic but imagine them on a mobile theme. 

The first feature I will be telling about is the header. I basically just used buttons for the header links, no drop downs or anything, they might be added later on. 

The header guest has just three buttons, login (which is modal),  register and the home buttons. 

The header member has six for those with myalerts and five for those without 

The profile, alerts, and logout button are the first while the mod, home, and admin button are below

Header images showing 
Guest, member, modal login and modal alerts

Header guest

[attachment=35387]

Header member

[attachment=35388]

Modal login and myalerts

[attachment=35389]

[attachment=35390]

Feedbacks would be nice use your mobile to view my forum for all features
Looks promising, i ll take a look on this awesome theme shortly.
Thanks.

More.
Page proportion

I have bootstrap js installed but I have not used it yet, I am using font awesome also, and  I also fixed some errors in pages like, contact php for those who use GoMobile and also the youtube and other video sizes were reduced to prevent the it from breaking out of the page. 

All mod and user control panel page are in proportion e.g reports in modcp, change avatar and email in usercp and much more
Fredzy, if you are making this as a mobile template (ie its not responsive, its mobile) then DONT use bootstrap. Its going to cause a large amount of overhead in the very place where you need things lean and snappy - a mobile theme. I would also advise you to reconsider using font awesome - Opera mobile doesnt support it - and instead go with image/SVgs

If you want a specific bootstrap js function then just get that one file from github and add to the theme image directory. If you want to use a couple then compile them with closure compiler and add to the theme image directory.
Thanks but I think images make pages load slower, I wanted to use bootstrap for the drop down menu, but I will remove it I have seen a better option, maybe I will try svgs

Thanks again

Yeah and I don't like how opera replaces font awesome icons with this "["
Images can make pages slower if they are the size of a house yes. However, you can use a sprite and ask yourself "do I really need an image here"?

If you use a well made sprite and you use caching for image files via htaccess (example) then an image is no slower than font awesome;FA is a http request and at least ONE font download, so you need to look at that and how many FA icons you intend to use.

Bear in mind, if you DONT host the bootstrap css yourself, but instead use a CDN AND use fontawesome then you will be downloading glyphicons as well, so you will be loading TWO icon fonts. If you host your own bootstrapfiles then you can do a custom build and then use fontawesome (or a well made small sprite/SVG files).
All font awesome and bootstrap files are hosted locally, however only some bootstrap javascripts are loaded from CDNs, (which I will remove), as for icons I think svgs are my number two options (fa being first), I always have scattered icons whenever I try to use sprite

I need help with these what's the template code for post numbering with tick box
For example thread starter

Found it {$post['posturl']}

Okay I hit a bump and ran out of ideas, I am on postbit but something just doesn't look furnished and complete. 

look at this and tell me what's wrong 
[attachment=35398]
Its a mobile postbit. How furnished does it need to be. Bear in mind your operamobile users are now buggered for the postbit buttons Smile
Yes it is not so good on Opera I would have to use svgs then

[attachment=35402]
But this is the point I am trying to make Smile

I have that sort of setup on leefish (the above), and I live with it as I have a responsive site, so I have a lot more people who can use the site as is, and OperaMobile is a small group in comparison to all the browsers that can parse the site. For you, where the theme is ONLY mobile then you do need to cover all the bases. Look at your theme,look what icons you use where IF the icon was missing it would make the theme unusable (ie users would not know what it was). Those are the icons you replace for all users, regardless of browser.
Pages: 1 2