MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A posting from a confused member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a member in my forum that has lost his member "privileges" and I am not sure why. (I am using v1.2.3, will upgrade soon to 1.2.5)
As forum Admin, I have made no changes to his account. Rather then me try to explain it, I thought it would be better to let you read his actual post which explains the exact problem he is having. I am not having any access issues with anyone else on the board, just this one. He has made numerous post in the past with no problem, this has just started happening.

Here is his post:

I posted the following under Mystery Topics as an unregistered guest. The reason is explained below. It would not register on the main menu however so no one would know I had even posted. Very strange. Oh well, it regards this religious forum anyway.
-------------------------------

Hi everyone, callmepaul here. I am logged in as a guest because I am being locked out of certain threads for some inexplicable reason. As a guest, I am able to pull up four pages of responses to "to be Christian and Gay". Logging in with my user name I am able to see only three. One post I am entirely unable to pull up and it comes from ocho. I know he has written it because when I go to his profile and click on "find all posts" I see one that starts out "Well, i see you as a very nice, honest and sincere person..."

I find this rather inexplicable and have sent a personal message to admin regarding it. I haven't had any response from him to date. I will continue to post under callmepaul but if I fail to answer anyone's querys, it isn't that I am ignoring you, I'm just not able to view your posts.

I would have posted this in the religious forum but for some other strange reason it won't allow me to post as "guest". The program immediately recognizes me (Welcome back callmepaul) and drops me down to three pages of responses. I get around it by clicking on the last poster's response in the main menu.

Bug in the system? Foul conspiracy afoot? Leprechans? UFO's? I guess Mystery Topics is as good a place as any to put this.
Does he get an error message. If so what is it?

Can you also check your forum and usergroup permissions in the ACP. Rebuild them too just to see if it was a problem with the cache.
I will check on that Tiki about if he gets an error message.
As far as rebuilding the the cache, on user group permissions, I think I know where to do that in that ACP, is that at the very bottom, on the left hand side?

Thanks....
Each user may have a different "posts per page" so it is usual for some people to see a different "total page number" than another user in the same thread.

Can you ask your user if the post number (the number shown at the top right of each post) of the last post in the thread is the same when he is logged in and when he is logged out?