MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't receive email confirmation when I register. I checked email log, I got this error 
"MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function." ..

when I use smpt, i got this 
"Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known." ..

im hosting this forum on a vps.. not using any host.
It is likely that the server is blocked from making outside connections (which is why mail() and smtp are both blocked). This is most likely the result of misconfiguration and your best bet is contacting your host.

(2015-10-20, 10:12 AM)enhu Wrote: [ -> ]im hosting this forum on a vps.. not using any host.[/size][/size][/font][/size][/color][/font][/size][/color]

Not sure I am following you, is your website hosted on your personal computer?
(2015-10-20, 08:42 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]It is likely that the server is blocked from making outside connections (which is why mail() and smtp are both blocked). This is most likely the result of misconfiguration and your best bet is contacting your host.

(2015-10-20, 10:12 AM)enhu Wrote: [ -> ]im hosting this forum on a vps.. not using any host.[/size][/size][/font][/size][/color][/font][/size][/color]

Its not personal computer, but its a vps computer..
hosted it using wamp...
(2015-10-21, 05:05 AM)Gravity Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-20, 08:42 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]It is likely that the server is blocked from making outside connections (which is why mail() and smtp are both blocked). This is most likely the result of misconfiguration and your best bet is contacting your host.

hosted it using wamp...

This isn't a MyBB related issue, your best bet is asking this question on a wamp support forum.
(2015-10-21, 08:28 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-21, 05:05 AM)Gravity Wrote: [ -> ]

hosted it using wamp...

This isn't a MyBB related issue, your best bet is asking this question on a wamp support forum.

okay, i'll ask them.. thank you

@SentoWeb

I changed some php things here and there then now I got this error "The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command. Reason: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first".. "Must issue a STARTTLS command first" , does that mean I need to install outlook on my computer or something?