MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: deleting certain info from certain user postbit_classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help with this. I am trying to per say, delete the signature, postcount, etc fields from a specific user. I have been attempting this in the postbit_classic to no avail. Help please???

mybb 1.8.5
(2015-10-20, 09:57 PM)GregOnMybb Wrote: [ -> ]I need help with this. I am trying to per say, delete the signature, postcount, etc fields from a specific user. I have been attempting this in the postbit_classic to no avail. Help please???

mybb 1.8.5

Are you trying to disable certain fields from a specific user or a whole user group?
Im not trying to disable, but keep from showimg up on a post as sort of an admin treat. ; P(certain users)

Not trying to restrict anything
(2015-10-20, 10:10 PM)GregOnMybb Wrote: [ -> ]Im not trying to disable, but keep from showimg up on a post as sort of an admin treat. ; P(certain users)

Not trying to restrict anything

You can try the Template Conditionals plugin, you can't use PHP in the template without a plugin.
alright, ill try that and get back if it works or not, thanks

ok, so apare tly, thats not a plugin. Any other suggestions?
I'm still confused. In order to delete the {$post['usertitle']} from a specific user for example, I need to do this via functions_user.php or is there a simpler way to do this because I'm lazy unfortunatly. I'm just not sure where exactly I need to be.
First install the Template Conditionals plugin as suggested above and then use a conditional to check the user's uid and hide the variable you want..

<if $mybb->user['uid'] != XXX then>
{$post['usertitle']}
</if>

where XXX is the UID of the user for whom it should be hidden...
thank you, it works now. I was looking for the plugin in the acp because I'm dumb.