MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customised database query and WPstyle shortcodes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Customised database query and WPstyle shortcodes?

Plugins 12 helper classes have access to the list of forums and list of user, can they be implemented into the core and allow users access to the loops via shortcodes?

It could useful in posts and templates....

Btw, NOT to criticize or anything BUT the list of implemented features doesnt give anyone reason to upgrade?

Perhaps you need a specified plan on why version 2 is in development..

eg. will there be more emphasis on social groups? alerts, polls, msging etc
I don't see the need for WP-like shortcodes in MyBB, like in the stylesheets, plugins will insert their own code,
example :
{$plugin_display_awesome_things_here}
And when parsed with the plugin it will turn into what the plugin author intended it to be.
And you could copy/paste that in whatever stylesheet, as long as it gets parsed by the plugin it will turn into the thing you want to display.

So that's kind of like WP shortcodes imo.
but you cannot put that in the post content surely; you can from the theme templates, but not as post content
(2015-10-31, 03:24 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]but you cannot put that in the post content surely; you can from the theme templates, but not as post content

Having looked at what Shortcodes are, they seem extremely similar to BBCode we we already use.
(2015-11-02, 09:36 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Having looked at what Shortcodes are, they seem extremely similar to BBCode we we already use.

Okay, so I'm not crazy after all.
well how are you gonna output the customised queries?
The things that are on that Shortcodes page are just things that need custom MyCodes.
well you cannot output database queries unless you modify it as a core myBB code

And i didnt link to it anyways, but shortcodes are shortcodes without closing tags
Well what kind of things would you want as a short code?
(2015-11-03, 03:54 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]well you cannot output database queries unless you modify it as a core myBB code

And i didnt link to it anyways, but shortcodes are shortcodes without closing tags

Doable as a plugin. You just need to register a function to use the parse_message hook and have that function do the db query and replace the tag with whatever you want.
Pages: 1 2