MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Exclude posts from a certain section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to exclude posts from a certain section, in the board statistics?
I don't want forum games posts, in the board statistics post count. 
Thanks in advance Smile
Do you use XThreads already? If so, then this is included. If you dont then it will need a plugin or a modification to a core file.
(2015-10-26, 10:31 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use XThreads already? If so, then this is included. If you dont then it will need a plugin or a modification to a core file.

I am not so sure what exactly you mean by xthreads leefish Sad
I am excluding this count from the user post count as well as thread count and I don't want them in the overall board statistics either.
Is that possible?
XThreads is a plugin.

It adds this to each forum (I think - its a long time since I ran a board without Xthreads).

Don't include this forum's threads/posts in global forum statistics
If yes, threads and posts made in this forum will not increase the forum's statistics on the number of threads and posts across all forums (eg at the bottom of the forum home, or stats.php).
(2015-10-26, 11:07 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]XThreads is a plugin.

It adds this to each forum (I think - its a long time since I ran a board without Xthreads).

Don't include this forum's threads/posts in global forum statistics
If yes, threads and posts made in this forum will not increase the forum's statistics on the number of threads and posts across all forums (eg at the bottom of the forum home, or stats.php).

https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Is that the plugin leefish?
Is it compatible with 1.8? or should I change the version(somebody said changing the version makes it vulnerable. Is that the truth) ?
That is the plugin, or you can download it direct from MyBBHacks as a 7.z file.It already is compatible with 1.8.
(2015-10-27, 06:42 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]That is the plugin, or you can download it direct from MyBBHacks as a 7.z file.It already is compatible with 1.8.

I have installed that plugin but how do I reduce the count of a forum from the board statistics?
Go to the forums in ACP. Open the forum you want to not include. Scroll down a lot and you will see an option to exclude the posts in that forum from the stats.
(2015-10-27, 09:51 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the forums in ACP. Open the forum you want to not include. Scroll down a lot and you will see an option to exclude the posts in that forum from the stats.

Ah...Thank you Smile