MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 2.0 Can Read or Support Files .xsl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Suggestion MyBB 2.0 Can Read or Support Stylesheet Language .xsl 

The Stylesheet Language .xsl  in the file .xml does not work for Display Style MyBB 1.8 

Example Online:

xmleague.xml
xml-database-league.php  (Plugin Read The File xmleague.xml but not Display the Stylesheet .xsl) in MyBB.
XSLTLeague.xsl  Stylesheet for the File xmleague.xml

<!-- No FunCiona el Formato de Estilos .XSL Para XML en MyBB -->
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="XSLTLeague.xsl" ?>

Thanks in Advance for the Support!

Reference:
http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/
Is there any particular reason to support the XSL format? What useful features does it give that would make MyBB theming better?
(2015-10-26, 11:12 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any particular reason to support the XSL format? What useful features does it give that would make MyBB theming better?

Hi Josh.

A good reason to support the XSL Fortmat its the Stylesheet Language for the Files XML

Nota:
- I do not suggest as features to make MyBB Default better
- I do not suggest that featuring is better than MyBB Theme

I just suggest  the format  .XSL file may  be  interpreted in MyBB  as  such  .CSS File

I hope you understand my suggestion written

Best regard
(2015-10-26, 11:12 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any particular reason to support the XSL format? What useful features does it give that would make MyBB theming better?

I think its more of a request to add it to the files supported. It's not a bad idea to extend the support to that of XSL files, where CSS might fall short of what someone might wish to do with their MyBB 2.0 board. Basically it would allow him to style his board with the XSLT language as well as CSS.
Best left as a plugin. It's not something which is widely used, nor something which has a large demand.
(2015-10-30, 04:09 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Best left as a plugin. It's not something which is widely used, nor something which has a large demand.

It's probably not something that should (or rather, forced to) be made into a plugin. Perhaps there should be an option in the MyBB 2.0 ACP, maybe something only "super admins" can change, that enables/disables processing of XSL files by the MyBB software. Those that want to use it can enable it while those who don't use it can disable it (depending on what the default value will be).

It's still a useful language to use.
Quote:It's probably not something that should (or rather, forced to) be made into a plugin.

It's exactly the type of thing which should be a plugin. As I said, it's not widely used and there's basically no demand for it. The team won't be using it, and supporting it will be a hassle. MyBB should remain a minimal forum software which is easy to extend.
Interesting and Respectable Reviews!

(2015-10-30, 08:19 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's exactly the type of thing which should be a plugin. As I said, it's not widely used and there's basically no demand for it. The team won't be using it, and supporting it will be a hassle. MyBB should remain a minimal forum software which is easy to extend.

MyBB 2.0 should not be only for staff programmers, should integrate with the technologies and Stylesheet Language Family, XSLT, It is one of those current technologies.

Is hypothetical write or speak, "it's not widely used and there's basically no demand for it" because users in the world are many people use technology that provides or teach it in schools or educational institutions and Stylesheet Language Family is one of those current technologies supported by w3.org
In thise case, Request to add it to the files supported and people develop their projects! in this case, For Example Plugin Projects in MyBB 2.0!

So it should be something based on technology and the Stylesheet Language Family is one of those current technologies supported by w3.org

Many expect MyBB 2.0 is compatible with Smarthphones, is a great feature. 
but the most important is that MyBB 2.0 can easily be integrated into a new technologies, not restricted to staff development. Best it supported for users around the world to develop their projects in MyBB 2.0

Many users would say, the Stylesheet CSS, it is nice and very easy to use ...
Yes, but also it is the Stylesheet  XSLT and is very nice and easy to use too!

Is only the technologies provide opportunity for new users to have development tools in their projects in MyBB2.0

I agree with the post comment
(2015-10-29, 10:09 PM)Vashnik Wrote: [ -> ]I think its more of a request to add it to the files supported. It's not a bad idea to extend the support to that of XSL files, where CSS might fall short of what someone might wish to do with their MyBB 2.0 board. Basically it would allow him to style his board with the XSLT language as well as CSS.

Thanks for feedback and comments
it's just a suggestion... a Request to add it to the files supported!

Respectfully comment without intention to disturb staff members.
Really they who decide the way of MyBB 2.0 and so far everything is fine!

Best regard!

Pd: 
Me agrada mucho MyBB, 
Escribo Comentario con todo el respeto sin animo de incomodar al Staff, mas bien con deseos de aportar en ideas.
Quote:MyBB 2.0 should not be only for staff programmers, should integrate with the technologies and Stylesheet Language Family, XSLT, It is one of those current technologies.

If only a few people are ever going to use it, it makes sense for it to be a plugin. It's not something which is going to be widely used even if it was to be added. There needs to be a solid reason for adding and supporting it for the next 10 years.

Quote:Is hypothetical write or speak, "it's not widely used and there's basically no demand for it" because users in the world are many people use technology that provides or teach it in schools or educational institutions and Stylesheet Language Family is one of those current technologies supported by w3.org

There's never been any demand for XSLT in the MyBB community.

Quote:but the most important is that MyBB 2.0 can easily be integrated into a new technologies, not restricted to staff development. Best it supported for users around the world to develop their projects in MyBB 2.0

XSLT has been around since the '90s. MyBB 2.0 will be using Sass and will probably support Less too.

Additionally, please see:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-19108-p...#pid129369
http://community.mybb.com/thread-19108-p...#pid129521

MyBB 2.0 aims to be a modern version of MyBB. That starts with using modern technology which people want to use.
Quote: or teach it in schools or educational institutions

Well, schools also teach kids HTML 3.1 stuff. That doesn't mean it's great. Schools only tend to update curriculum every other eon.

Additionally, you are the first person I have ever heard of using XSLT before. I have never, ever seen XSLT used in any other project before. I'm not everywhere on the Internet, I've browsed a lot of web application projects before, and haven't ever seen XSLT used. Ever.

Beyond that, we asked for examples of how XSLT is better than CSS for designing things (i.e. why is the technology good to use other than for the sake of not being part of the status quo), and have seen nothing other than that it is an XML-formatted, more verbose stylesheet alternative. Why is it any better than CSS?

Again, I'm open to being convinced, but the argument for it is going to need a lot more substantiation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4