MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to activate user accounts automatically?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in my Admin Control panel -> Login and Registration Options
i have set;
Disable Registrations: No
Registration Method: Send email verification.

but when a user registers, i have to activate him manually.

that should be a bug or something right?
because if i want to send email verification and admin activation both together, there is a option for that too,
called "email verification and admin activation"

how do i get rid of activation users manually and set it to auto activate them?

thank you...
You need to change the Registration Method to Instant Activation.
(2015-10-27, 07:44 AM)coe Wrote: [ -> ]but when a user registers, i have to activate him manually.
Why do you think you have to activate new users? It happens automatically when the user clicks in the link in the email he receives.
(2015-10-27, 08:55 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you think you have to activate new users? It happens automatically when the user clicks in the link in the email he receives.

oh, so they didn't click on there email then?...

i posted this question because, yesterday when i logged into my account (admin) there was a message displayed on top of the forum saying something like "you have two users waiting for activation" or something like that.
then i logged into ACP and manually activated them.
and the registration settings was "Registration Method: Send email verification"

so u mean they didn't click on emails?

(2015-10-27, 08:55 AM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change the Registration Method to Instant Activation.

no, i don't think that's a good idea because of security reasons...
because if i change it to instant, it means no email verification is needed right?
which means anyone can put anyone's email for registration....
Yeah he hasn't clicked the link in his email if they don't get activated. To activate them without clicking their email you need to do it manually or set it to instant activation.
ok, thanks both. [Image: thumbsup.gif]