MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] [RELEASE] Member Only Links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
labrocca Wrote:Any suggestions on how to improve this plugin are welcome.
Well making it available for people to download without having to make two posts at a forum they may never use again would be a great help.
That doesn't improve the plugin.
But then again it is a suggestion....

Quote:Any suggestions on how to improve this plugin are welcome.

It would get more people trying it out if they don't have to. But then again you did work on it for a while now, so people can atleast be nice enough to post on your forum a couple posts....

Wow lol Who's side am I on? Big Grin LOL

Thank you for your work though Smile I don't have use for this mod now though, (I would have a while back), but I appreciate the work you've done Smile
I normally make plugins that I will use. If people don't want to signup and post at my site that's fine. I certainly don't have to make my plugins public.

Most of the people that post at mybbcentral simply say "thank you" or "great work"...and that's about it. I don't think that's so much to ask for. My site has a growing number of plugins and themes. Two posts are hardly a burden to people.
labrocca Wrote:I certainly don't have to make my plugins public.
Well that's where I think you are wrong. Unless there is a very very good reason not to (such as the plugin being a unique feature for your forums) then I think not releasing it for free (i.e. you don't have to do anything other than download it) is ridiculous for MyBB, a forum software that is free to use itself.
labrocca Wrote:Two posts are hardly a burden to people.
Perhaps not, but quite a few people will find it unethical behaviour to inflict a payment on non-paying users. The Wicked Flea and I have already boycotted your stuff in protest because of it, and I am sure that others will as well.
Well, there are sometimes paid modifications for free software too and even though it's not paid, making 2 posts isn't a huge thing if that's what keeps labrocca motivated. By the way, labrocca, why don't you ask the users to link back to you at a certain place, by guiding them in a simple step as in how to edit the template to include the link, maybe in footer. (in a way like in steps "link back to us, although it's not necessary, it will help me keep making new versions, otherwise can't say about new version Toungue" .. lol, bit cheeky, can be better).

That usually works, and will help you keep motivated. If nothing else, you get high PR. Watch this:
* Your forum is all about MyBB.
* All of those forums linking to you have MyBB keyword too.
* Few can be webmaster forums too.

Even if not all are webmaster forums, still you get high ranking in search engines because of the keyword MyBB being present in all of them.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:Well, there are sometimes paid modifications for free software too and even though it's not paid, making 2 posts isn't a huge thing if that's what keeps labrocca motivated. By the way, labrocca, why don't you ask the users to link back to you at a certain place, by guiding them in a simple step as in how to edit the template to include the link, maybe in footer. (in a way like in steps "link back to us, although it's not necessary, it will help me keep making new versions, otherwise can't say about new version Toungue" .. lol, bit cheeky, can be better).

That usually works, and will help you keep motivated. If nothing else, you get high PR. Watch this:

Even if not all are webmaster forums, still you get high ranking in search engines because of the keyword MyBB being present in all of them.
Thats a much better way of getting more posts labrocca...and the posts will keep on coming. You won't just have members with 2 posts each Toungue
Asad_Niazi Wrote:Well, there are sometimes paid modifications for free software too and even though it's not paid, making 2 posts isn't a huge thing if that's what keeps labrocca motivated. By the way, labrocca, why don't you ask the users to link back to you at a certain place, by guiding them in a simple step as in how to edit the template to include the link, maybe in footer. (in a way like in steps "link back to us, although it's not necessary, it will help me keep making new versions, otherwise can't say about new version Toungue" .. lol, bit cheeky, can be better).

BAD idea IMO!

I have boycotted any plugin in the past, present and future that uses my site for free advertising. Plugin=minumal cost, forever traffic without paying for it=rip-off. Now THAT'S screwing someone. Making 2 posts isn't and doesn't cost you anything but what.. 3 minutes of your time, maybe 5 at the most..
When did I say in the idea it has to be requirement? I was talking about it being optional.

Quote:I have boycotted any plugin in the past, present and future that uses my site for free advertising.
and yet you fail to ever pay for a software/plugin, huh? that's funny!
Speaking out your lime will get you no where.. I can provide a BB called MegaBB written in ASP and MSSQL that I donated almost 200.00 US to a few years back. I will provide the information to a third party here to contact them and confirm this and you'll be officially owned if you'd like..

Not counting endless amounts of software that's paid! Why would you make such a stupid remark?

And btw- I've just paid for the software the way labrocca has asked for Toungue I made my 2 posts plus some..
Pages: 1 2 3