MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb won't install [please Help!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I correctly uploaded all the mybb files I downloaded to my domain.  I am on the welcome page, but can't click next.   I had a forums running but had a 403 error.  After one.com tech's brought my site back online the login and register feature stopped working.  Basically when you login it seems to just refresh the page.  No one can login or register.

anyway I am on the installation screen and I can click "next", it just seems to refresh the page.

What's going on?

edit// 

-> Using MyBB install package.  Tried using 1.8.6 and 1.8.0 versions.  Still the same.  

recap -> Wont progress passed the "welcome" page via clicking "next".  Just seems to refresh the page; That's it.
ok, so your previous forum was probably denied support. Or your other forum or whatever. Not a reason to use curse words that are appearing as friendly vegetables.

You need to discuss this with one.com (which are a fairly crappy host).

Dont use softaculous to organise your upgrades, use the mybb download packages.
(2015-10-29, 05:53 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]ok, so your previous forum was probably denied support. Or your other forum or whatever. Not a reason to use curse words that are appearing as friendly vegetables.

You need to discuss this with one.com (which are a fairly crappy host).

Dont use softaculous to organise your upgrades, use the mybb download packages.

I did use MyBB download packages.

(2015-10-29, 05:43 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-185527-...pid1194510

My Forum is on the "welcome" screen, I can't exactly access the adminCP to install that script.
My site uses MyBB.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall MyBB downloaded packages directly from MyBB.  Tried both 1.8.6 and 1.8.0 versions and still have the same issue.

Firstly, My site/ forums was up and running and it crashed with a 403 error and a too many users SQL error.  The issue was fixed, and the site was brought back up by one.com's techs; However,  users could no longer login or register.  If the login or register button was clicked it would just refresh the page.

This takes us to reinstalling the MyBB files.  This does not work.  At the MyBB installation page, it does not progress to the next page after the "welcome" page, by click "next".  When I click "next" it just  seems to refresh the page, just like the login and register buttons did after my site came back online.