MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recently got a co.nr URL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i recently got this becuz i was using a freehostias and the URL was just plain ugly.

So i went and got this and i can get the site and everything to load but im having trouble logging in now.

I go to log in and it redirects and everything like its supposed to.

But then im not actually logged in. It just stays as if i never logged in at all.

Im not sure why its doing this my only idea is maybe its becuz of the cookies. But i dont want to mess with anytihng without being sure.

So can anyone help me please?...
You should change your cookie settings to the new domain.

for example:
.forum.xxx.co.nr
and
/ or so.

Look at our wiki for more information on this:
[Wiki: cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
thanks a lot for such a quick reply...ill try that now and report back Smile
I'm sure it'll work after that.

If not (in case you didn't do it correctly), post the exact forum URL here and we'll help you out.
lol yeah im having my issues i tried a bunch of different combos after consulting the setup guide but cannot get it

anyways here is the original.

http://allthat.freehostia.com/AllThat/Upload/

here is what i changed it to

http://allthat.co.nr/

I was thinking maybe this could help too

[Image: captureub7.jpg]
One thing to note is that a .co.nr uses frames to display the page - it's not a "real" subdomain.

Dunno if cookies are the issue, as the underlying page should still be the same.

The frames on the .co.nr is directed to the same page - so I guess maybe your browser's doing something odd. If that's the case, then I don't think changing the cookies would be a good choice, as, for example, if a user decides to open a thread in a new tab/window, the frames will be escaped, and the cookies will no longer function properly.

I actually used an frames but didn't have this problem. One thing you can do is use a small Javascript to escape the frames when the page is loaded. Alternatively, you can set a <base> tag to overwrite the frame, but that may also have issues.
You need to set it to the freehostia path and then clear your cache and log in.
ok. thanks and lol its funny i see you everywhere i go zinga.

But i cleared my cache and for some reason still have some issues with my IE but it works in my firefox
Can you tell me what you have it set as currently?