MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I just started using myBB last night and I'm already wanting to mod it, I know a bit of php, css and html so I might try my hand at modding, but for now I'm going to make themes. I'm not an expert in photoshop though I have been dabbing around with it for a few years. Now this my first ever theme, so I don't know how to change the layout of the page ( probably in the css, which I will look into ).

Anywho... Here's what i've got sofar, on my board. Let me know what you think, any suggestions and critique.

Theme

Cheers,
John.
All you've done is changed the thead_bg image and the logo.
I know, I've just started and only done one image sofar. Im working on everything else later tonight.

EDIT: Ok I've took the theme off untill it's done.
John.s Wrote:I know, I've just started and only done one image sofar. Im working on everything else later tonight.

EDIT: Ok I've took the theme off untill it's done.
Oh, I misread your topic, sorry Sad. The image for the header is quite nice Smile.
Thanks, I'm actualy going to overlay a diagonal scanline on there, looks much better, only problem is with my pattern it doesn't tile properly. Anyone know how to solve this? The pattern is 5x5.

Cheers,
John.
Change the pattern size to 3x3 instead Smile.
Cheers, it's worked have a look now. I might bring the opacity on the pattern down a bit, also need to fix the text. Let me know your thoughts.
It's a start, but it still looks like the default theme...

Nice going!
Cheers, and yea I still have to do all of the rest.
John.s Wrote:Cheers, it's worked have a look now. I might bring the opacity on the pattern down a bit, also need to fix the text. Let me know your thoughts.
You should lower the opacity of the pattern by a significant amount (maybe around 50-60%). The diagonal pattern overlaps to much over the graphics behind it making it abit hard to see Smile.
Pages: 1 2