MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: weekly/monthly email digest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
discourse has a nice feature that emails out a short list of popular posts and topics each week, I believe. this would be a nice feature for 2.0 to have where it can be configured by the admin with how often it should be sent out, which FIDs & groups to exclude as well as having a user option in their user cp so they can opt-out of the emails.
I definitely would agree with something like that being in the core. It's excellent for reminding users of a forum if they haven't been there in a while.
I agree this could be useful enough to go into core.

Of course have settings for frequency (daily / weekly / monthly) and some metric to which threads and / or forums to include.

Question, would this digest be the same for all users, or customized for each one (such as honoring view settings)?
(2015-11-03, 08:37 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]such as honoring view settings

Oh yes, roles/permissions will never be intentionally ignored. They exist for a reason!
I agree, permissions should be integrated into it.
I brought up permissions because that means creating a list of what's visible for each user. Or do this per group and as you cycle through the user list merge the message lists for that user, removing duplicates. It could be DB and time intensive.
(2015-11-04, 03:45 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I brought up permissions because that means creating a list of what's visible for each user.  Or do this per group and as you cycle through the user list merge the message lists for that user, removing duplicates. It could be DB and time intensive.

I guess another possibility would be to just limit the system from pulling threads from X,Y,Z FIDs before generating the email.