MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how to make mybb search inherit to website so that user can serch anything from my website also not just forums
Please explain more ?
That's beyond the scope of MyBB. On my site, I actually have two search fields. One is code I received from Google which limits results to pages they have crawled on my site; look at their web developers tools. The second search is labeled as "search the forums" and uses the search functionality provided by the MyBB software.
(2015-11-04, 05:26 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]That's beyond the scope of MyBB. On my site, I actually have two search fields. One is code I received from Google which limits results to pages they have crawled on my site; look at their web developers tools. The second search is labeled as "search the forums" and uses the search functionality provided by the MyBB software.

ohhkkkkk so i have to include another search box for my website ?
(2015-11-04, 09:23 PM)ishank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 05:26 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]That's beyond the scope of MyBB. On my site, I actually have two search fields. One is code I received from Google which limits results to pages they have crawled on my site; look at their web developers tools. The second search is labeled as "search the forums" and uses the search functionality provided by the MyBB software.

ohhkkkkk so i have to include another search box for my website ?

The search functionality provided by MyBB only includes posts (but filters based on user logged in). A third party search (such as Google) includes the whole site, but only includes posts which are visible to its bot.