MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade interrupted, some features not working on forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys. I tried to upgrade a forum from 1.6.1 (I think) to 1.8.6.

I uploaded the contents of the "Upload" directory via FileZilla and navigated to [web-address]/install/upgrade.php

I didn't do anything with the upgrade screen, but I thought that I had messed something up on the upload so I closed my browser, used FileZilla to delete the "install" directory and reupload it. I continued with the upgrade.php process, but it froze up while querying the databases, I believe.

I removed the "install" directory again and went to check out the site. So far the other admins and I have compiled a list of glitches:

Quote:**On User CP, the "Sent" link for messages doesn't show up. Only the inbox.

**Options for editing posts are not present on the "Full Edit." Toolbar at the top not present. (for example, picture options, font options, smilies, text colour...etc)

**New posts don't show up on the Index page, but do show up when the thread is opened.

**Links in posts not working.

**Features such as italic/bold/etc not translating to the text on posts. But quotes from previous posts working.

**Signatures not displaying or linking. Only html showing & no live link. (Except part of Zygs' signature.)

**'Reputation' figures not showing up.

**IP addresses mainly not showing (except one admin's)

**I've also noticed that forum posts don't have timestamps for when they were posted.

I have tried the troubleshooter here: http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/mycode-editor-missing/
(With the exception of the SQL query at the bottom of the page)

Any help would be immensely appreciated, and I will be happy to provide more info if needed. Thanks!
Please, can someone help Zygs with this problem?
Are you running a 1.8-compatible theme?
Hi Josh and thank you for the quick response! I switched the site's theme to the Default and it didn't seem to fix anything. Should I upload a different theme designed for 1.8?

Also we ran the File Verification and found a long list of missing files. I'm wondering if perhaps I could downgrade to an older version and then re-try the upgrade? Would that perhaps fix the problem?
What files were listed as missing?
Hi Josh! I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I fixed the problem a few nights ago (the directories somehow got duplicated and nested weird in their copies). I performed the upgrade again and it seemed to work.

However there are a few bugs in the software.

-On PMs, we can't select a user to send to. "Loading failed"
-Quick reply is not refreshing the page, the loading circle just shows until you manually refresh the page.
-Quick edit is extremely buggy and just does not work.
-I've been getting a typical notification of a user PMing me (when I'm on the Forum itself) but when I try to click on the subject line, it sends me to an error 404 page.
-Two missing files in File Verification, one is "contact.php"
-"Get more" smiley link is not working on PMs, forum posts, etc.

I am not sure how to fix these things, but any help would be great appreciated.
Could you please provide me your forum URL so that I can check to make sure the templates look correct? This really sounds like a theme/JS problem to me.
Sorry for the delay in response. I forgot to post back what I found (nothing). I don't know what's going on, so I'll see if anybody else has an idea and can help you.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your patience and continued help. I'm still researching the problem myself as well.
Pages: 1 2