MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two issues - "View Images in Posts" and Registration issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Over the course of the last couple months, my users have occasionally reported that images won't show up. I've found that for some reason my forum keeps unchecking the "view images in posts" option in their UCPs without any change of their own. I know that it's no action of their own because it's happened to my own account once. It's not all users at the same time but rather one here or there. I think it's happened four or five times to my knowledge since the forum went up two months ago.

And

2. For three people so far, while attempting registration, the forum has spit back an "Our systems detect that you may be a spammer and therefore you have been denied registration. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the Administrator." error. I'm not finding anything in the spam logs at all. I thought it was the "Display a hidden CAPTCHA" option but it's not that because I had that disabled when the latest user who had this issue attempted to join. For that person, I ended up creating the account for them using the ACP. It's not a consistent thing, as in it doesn't happen for every attempted registrant, but as the only people who have confirmed this occurring to them have been in contact with me or my staff in some way, I don't know how many others it may have occurred to that haven't attempted to contact us about it.

I assume the registration has something to do with the Stop Forum Spam plugin, but as far as I recall that was a plugin that came standard when I first set it up. I also don't know which setting I would have to change to fix the registration issue since these three users who had the issue are legitimate people.

My forum is here.

My forum is updated to the most recent myBB version and its currently enabled plugins are as follows:

Enhanced Account Switcher (2.0.8)
Display Usernames / Nicks Plugin (1.10)
MyBB GoMobile (1.1)
Spoiler MyCode (1.8)
Sticky Post Icon (1.0)
Stop Forum Spam (1.4)
View Unread Posts (1.3.0)
While you were typing (1.4.2)
Additional Settings For Profile Fields (1.2)
XThreads (1.66)

If it's better to split this up into two different threads, please let me know and I'll do so.
could you run a file verification from ACP >> Tools and maintenance and post the result here.. you can ignore any errors related to install folder and images and share other errors here... and also Stop forum Spam is now part of mybb package itself, you may not need a plugin for it anymore, you can find it at ACP >> Configuration...
Its also possible that you have errors in your templates; things set to hidden and also switched "off" on submit. Was your theme converted from 1.6 or built for 1.8?
(2015-11-05, 05:46 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]could you run a file verification from ACP >> Tools and maintenance and post the result here.. you can ignore any errors related to install folder and images and share other errors here... and also Stop forum Spam is now part of mybb package itself, you may not need a plugin for it anymore, you can find it at ACP >> Configuration...

global.php - Changed
inc/datahandlers/user.php - Changed
images/buddy_online.png - Changed
images/arrow_down.png - Changed
images/default_avatar.png - Changed
images/buddy_offline.png - Changed
images/mini_status_sprite.png - Changed

I've edited global.php to allow calling of a few custom templates. Not sure why nor when inc/datahandlers/user.php was changed. I installed MyBB through the Hostgator install so I had to update it from 1.6 something to 1.8.5 and later to 1.8.6. The registration issue could be caused by the outdated Stop Forum Spam plugin, so I'll go ahead and disable that once the Plugin page loads.

(2015-11-05, 11:49 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Its also possible that you have errors in your templates; things set to hidden and also switched "off" on submit. Was your theme converted from 1.6 or built for 1.8?

My theme was originally Revolution gaming but I've heavily edited it for aesthetics. Don't recall changing any settings to hidden or "off" on submit.
Did you edit the usercp? Because what you are describing with the random setting to not view images in posts sounds like a missing class/id/something in a template.
It is because of MyBB GoMobile here is your spam error fix http://community.mybb.com/thread-166664-...pid1181279

and for your Image error i need time to fix the UCP and testing it, till you have to wait for the reply.
(2015-11-05, 06:47 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Did you edit the usercp? Because what you are describing with the random setting to not view images in posts sounds like a missing class/id/something in a template.

Not that I recall, unless it was to add a <br> code, but definitely not changing any coding like that.

(2015-11-06, 07:25 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]It is because of MyBB GoMobile here is your spam error fix http://community.mybb.com/thread-166664-...pid1181279

and for your Image error i need time to fix the UCP and testing it, till you have to wait for the reply.

Thanks, I did that edit!