MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User that GIVE a REP point, also LOSES a REP point MyBB 1.6.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a MOD/HACK for MyBB 1.6.x that would accomplish this:

User A  has 100 REP points
if User A gives 2 REP-POINTS to USER B , then user A REP-POINTS total would decrease to 98.

*MUST WORK WITH THE MyBB BUILT-IN REPUTATION SYSTEM

This would deter users with HIGH REPS from giving their "buddies" unwarranted REP POINTS if they know they will LOSE REP POINTS every-time they give.

T.I.A.
You can control rep somewhat from ACP-configuration-settings-reputation-allow multiple reputation
Thank you for replying.

But the current-system only limits you to how many times you can rep a user, or, how many REPS you can give per day.

I want users to "spend" their REP-POINTS.
A plugin like this is maybe possible, but you need a "pool" of rep to start with. If all users start at zero rep then giving rep would immediately put them in the minus. Think about how you would want to manage that.
(2015-11-23, 09:55 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]A plugin like this is maybe possible, but you need a "pool" of rep to start with. If all users start at zero rep then giving rep would immediately put them in the minus. Think about how you would want to manage that.

There would also need to be a benefit for the user as very little people are that generous. They're losing their own reputation.
(2015-11-23, 09:59 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-23, 09:55 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]A plugin like this is maybe possible, but you need a "pool" of rep to start with. If all users start at zero rep then giving rep would immediately put them in the minus. Think about how you would want to manage that.

There would also need to be a benefit for the user as very little people are that generous. They're losing their own reputation.

Exactly, and that  is the reason I want the "giver" to "lose" REPS, so that they don't just "give" because they have "unlimited reps".
People "giving" their "buddies" un-worthy "positive-reps", and giving their "enemy" un-warrented "NEG-REP" because it COST THEM NOTHING/ZERO to give out good/bad reps. ( I've witnessed this on many forums)

* If you had $1,000.00 in your pocket, and you "give" $100.00 from the $1,000.00 to someone, you should NOT
still have $1,000.00
* imagine if we could make unlimited monetary-donation to a political party, even if we had only $100.00  in  our entire savings.
* I have never went into a business, make a cash payment for  item(s) and leave with the item(s) and the same amount of money that I entered the store with.

And the current reputation-system allows that, people to give  positive/negative REPS because it costs them NOTHING.
(2015-11-23, 11:26 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-23, 09:59 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly, and that  is the reason I want the "giver" to "lose" REPS, so that they don't just "give" because they have "unlimited reps".
People "giving" their "buddies" un-worthy "positive-reps", and giving their "enemy" un-warrented "NEG-REP" because it COST THEM NOTHING/ZERO to give out good/bad reps. ( I've witnessed this on many forums)

* If you had $1,000.00 in your pocket, and you "give" $100.00 from the $1,000.00 to someone, you should NOT
still have $1,000.00
* imagine if we could make unlimited monetary-donation to a political party, even if we had only $100.00  in  our entire savings.
* I have never went into a business, make a cash payment for  item(s) and leave with the item(s) and the same amount of money that I entered the store with.

And the current reputation-system allows that, people to give  positive/negative REPS  because it costs them NOTHING.

I can understand that, hope you find what you need.

New users will have ZERO rep, unless admin sets up so that upon REGISTERING and ACTIVATING account, the NEW USER receives a set amount of REP. ( think NewPoints plugin)

Users gain reps the way workers gain a paycheck
by:
1:Gain reps from daily check in ( or calculated TIME SPENT ONLINE ) ( amount set in ACP  by ADMIN )
2: Gain rep by starting topics ( amount set by ADMIN in ACP )
3 Gain reps by replying to topics or voting in polls ( amount set in ACP by ADMIN )
4: Gain reps, for posts you made, from other users (with enough REP POINTS" )- or they can DONATE - ideas are mostly from NewPoints MOD )
5: Admin can REWARD users additional REP points( for many different reasons )

* reps total would be updated by TASK (set by ADMIN ) , could be every 15 minutes, or hourly, or daily, or weekly..
(2017-04-27, 11:14 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]Users gain reps the way workers gain a paycheck
by:
1:Gain reps from daily check in ( or calculated TIME SPENT ONLINE ) ( amount set in ACP  by ADMIN )
2: Gain rep by starting topics ( amount set by ADMIN in ACP )
3 Gain reps by replying to topics or voting in polls ( amount set in ACP by ADMIN )
4: Gain reps, for posts you made, from other users (with enough REP POINTS" )- or they can DONATE - ideas are mostly from NewPoints MOD )
5: Admin can REWARD users additional REP points( for many different reasons )

* reps total would be updated by TASK (set by ADMIN ) , could be every 15 minutes, or hourly, or daily, or weekly..

what you are trying to descripe called an activity point system, for example dzcp have an realy good system for that, but all what you like to do you can handle with the new point system. Points for activity.... just look the description.
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=94

if you tired of the reps, dont write a new plug, use new points and just hide the rep points from your template.

dont need to invent the wheel twice.