MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 30k of spam - forum crashed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

My forum at http://www.adethebuilder.co.uk/forums/ has been crashed for a couple of weeks. I have been trying to solve the problem and now think this is because of 30,000 plus spam postings.

I can not delete any users, posts or forums. I get this message:

SQL Error:
144 - Table './adeforum/mybb_posts' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_posts WHERE uid IN(39,51) AND visible = -2

How can I reset the entire forum and delete all users & posts please? Is it easiest to just start a new forum?
can you do it from cpanel or phpmyadmin?

didnt think mysql could handle that much haha
your table crashed for whatever reason, contact you hosting help

30000 is nothing to mysql, mybb is also good with this number, this board have 1mln posts.

But it can be the case, that they send all these spam simultaneously and your table crashed, it is like ddos. Or any other reason.
Strange 30,000 post crashing mysql, maybe it was all posted within 1hour. So I think DDOs which is also strange because your account has not been suspended by your host.
Login to your phpmyadmin and run empty message query.
(2015-11-09, 06:10 PM)wanchope Wrote: [ -> ]Strange 30,000 post crashing mysql, maybe it was all posted within 1hour. So I think DDOs which is also strange because your account has not been suspended by your host.
Login to your phpmyadmin and run empty message query.

Because the table has crashed we can not do anything via phpmyadmin. Any other ideas please?

(2015-11-09, 09:00 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]can you do it from cpanel or phpmyadmin?

didnt think mysql could handle that much haha

Because the table has crashed we can not do anything via cpanel or phpmyadmin. I think I might have to re-install everything.
Mark the crashed Tables and SELECT repair Tables from the option drop down below the tables.
I tried what you suggested and got this message:

Error in Processing Request
Error Code: 500
Error Text: Internal Server Error

Your help is much appreciated!