MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have the forum up and ready, made my first post and added a picture.
When I click on it I get redirected to another site that shows a bunch of crap/parked sites.
I had checked everything before I created the post and all looked good.
Where did I make a wrong turn?
how was the picture added - through attachment or any image hosting sites.. do we have a url to check this...
I used the Browse new attachments on the lower left to find the Pic, then the add attachment on the lower right.
The Pic is in Jpeg form.
I then hit Preview and everything looked good.
Next was to Post thread and then I went to the main page and clicked on the thread I just posted. That is when I was redirected to a different site that was title "parked" .
As I thought I messed something up I returned and removed the thread as I didn't want it permanently on the site.
I can go through the process again if that will help.

This is where I end up when I click on the thread I just created- http://parked-domain.org/
Under the preview everything works fine.
OK, I haven't done a single thing to this forum ever since creating it (except for the three attempts to post a test) and now I can't even log into the site.
I am directed to the site correctly but when I try to sign in it continues to reject my password.
When I ask for a reset of the password it won't accept the email I used for the account even though I had received a communication through it before.
I typed in a secondary email that I used in an alternated username (to enter the MyBB forums) along with my original username and it accepted that (which it shouldn't) and I get the message that an email has been sent but I never received one.
What the heck is going on?
Basically I now have a useless forum that I can't sign onto as an admin, when I was able to I couldn't post anything (simple text or attachment) without being redirected to "Parked" site.
I have a bad feeling about this.
OK, So I've regained control of the forum and have set up a 3 email process to thwart any further interference.
I still need to find out why I get redirected to another site when I make a post.
I'll gladly supply whatever information is needed as long as you spell it out for me.
give us your site url please
http://wesleycrew.byethost9.com

I've only set it up so far, in other words used FileZila to link it to Byethost site and created the categories.
Do you have Search Engine Friendly URL's enabled? Could be because you don't have .htaccess setup correctly, I've seen free webhosts do that before.
Wage, I am about as ignorant as you can get as far as any of this.
Where would I look for this?
All I have done to date is use the instructions to get everything connected via filezilla
Do I need to look for this on the Byethost site?
(2015-11-19, 01:56 AM)danaschase Wrote: [ -> ]Wage, I am about as ignorant as you can get as far as any of this.
Where would I look for this?
All I have done to date is use the instructions to get everything connected via filezilla
Do I need to look for this on the Byethost site?

Navigate to Admin Control Panel > Configuration > Settings > Server and Optimization Options > Enable search engine friendly URLs?

Note: This may not even be your problem from what you just told me or even close.
Pages: 1 2