MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what to use instead of plesk for phpmyadmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was using plesk while they had their offer for a free trial .The offer isnt avaliable anymore and it cost 15$/month or something to get it which is way too much for me atm .

What's a good alternative instead of plesk that is free or 1 time payment for a licence?
Try webmin. its free. http://www.webmin.com/
There are many control panels available with amazing functionality if you can afford then use cPanel instead of Plesk and for free try Kloxo-mr, webmin, VestaCP or sentora panel(forked version of zpanel).
Which is the closest safe clone to cPanel ?
Clone?? if you are asking about a copy then nah you cant clone a licensed software, but a free that is too close to cPanel is Kloxo-mr. why? It have all the functionality same like cPanel ah actually little hard to understand if you are trying it for first time then it goes smoothly and the other free is VestCP due to its security features. In paid panels plesk is the only alternative for cPanel.
(2015-11-15, 04:00 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Clone?? if you are asking about a copy then nah you cant clone a licensed software

Bull. There are free alternatives that are "clones" of CPanel.
(2015-11-16, 07:18 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-15, 04:00 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Clone?? if you are asking about a copy then nah you cant clone a licensed software

Bull. There are free alternatives that are "clones" of CPanel.

Clone refers to a exact copy that behaves like the other and works the same as original but there is no control panel who looks/behave/works same as cPanel. Yeah there are many free alternatives Like EHCP and Kloxo-MR
semantics, ipb is clone of phpbb, xenforo is clone of vB etc Toungue
Do you want a control panel? Or Just PHPMyAdmin? Are you running a VPS?

For a control panel I love Ajenti. Equally, you can install PHPMyAdmin on a server alone without the need for a whole control panel
(2015-11-18, 04:33 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want a control panel? Or Just PHPMyAdmin? Are you running a VPS?

For a control panel I love Ajenti. Equally, you can install PHPMyAdmin on a server alone without the need for a whole control panel

Yes i run a vps . I just want a panel so i can get a database back up and fix tables if mybb crashes thats all.
Pages: 1 2