MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: missing tables causing merge failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just put a clean install of Mybb on my server and I want to merge an older forum into it. I keep getting an SQL error preventing me from going to the index page of the merger to begin the process.

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1146 - Table 'c2_kitchen.mybb_debuglogs' doesn't exist
Query:
    INSERT INTO mybb_debuglogs (`type`,`message`,`timestamp`) VALUES (4,'File: /merge/index.php Line: 51 Function: Log->trace0 -> \r\nMyBB Merge System Started: $version_code: 1806 $merge_version: 1.8.6',1447349936) 

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

Mybb version 1.8.6
merger version 1806

I don't know how to fix this.
I reinstalled a clean copy of Mybb 1.8* 3 times in hopes this fixes the issue but it does not.

UPDATE:

Something is wrong with the 1806 install.
The board as itself works fine but when you try to merge it does not.

I uninstalled the 1806 files and installed a clean 1805
I uploaded the 1805 merge file
I start the merger process again and it's fine except it will not move forward until I upload the 1806 merge. Fine. Did that.

When I get to the page where it asks me which forum software I want to merge FROM Mybb 1.6* is NOT on the list but 1.8* is. I select that anyway and plug away.

When the system gets to the import avatars it craps out saying permissions on the directory are wrong and can't be read. Permissions are fine but I temporarily put them to 777 anyway.

Still won't work so I skip to the uploads import. Same thing as above.
I go back and for the heck of it I try avatars again. Seems to be moving now except I have to hit "next" to progress as it won't do it on it's own despite the big red bar on the page.

Same thing for the uploads. I have to keep hitting next.

Merge finishes and I go to the ACP and do the cleaning up and rebuilding necessary.

All looks good except that the images are not showing in the posts as they were. They are all now downloadable links that cannot be viewed as the error says the Image contains errors. Not sure how to correct this.

Need to sort this stuff out so I can take the site live.
Merge System 1.8.x doesn't support importing MyBB 1.6.x.
StefanT, the problem was that I never was able to begin the process so the merger had no idea what software I was trying to merge.

I installed a clean 1.8 board
I installed a clean 1.8 merger
I went to the url to merge and got that page error. NO database info was input because I wasn't able to.
would not you be better off installing 1.6.x and then just upgrade to 1.8.6?

export the DB, install fresh 1.86 then import the DB?
UPDATE:
I want to add that the issue in this thread most likely has everything to do with the problem I had adding in automedia.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-186275-...pid1197192

(2015-11-13, 02:27 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]would not you be better off installing 1.6.x and then just upgrade to 1.8.6?

export the DB, install fresh 1.86 then import the DB?

I tried upgrading the older forum but it just wasn't working out so I figured to throw a fresh copy of the software and merge the two. I actually did it successfully on another site, but for some reason it's just not working for me when it comes to the attachments and avatars. Everything else runs smoothly. I'll just keep plugging away and see what I can do.

For fun I just upgraded my board and its the images and themes that are not importing correctly. This goes for the default theme as well. Well it's not that their importing incorrectly, they're not installing correctly. None of the new features are installing on the upgrade process.

Expat, did what you suggested and this is what happens on the import:

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1146 - Table 'c2_kitchen.datacache' doesn't exist
Query:
    SELECT title,cache FROM datacache

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
update the cache of the avatar and attachments, as a matter of fact update all the cache, and repair the db from acp
OK I'll try that. I'm also having an problem with the avatars and attachments. They just keep getting corrupted.

*fiddling around with a merge and it goes fine 1.8 upgrade to 1.8 new install. ^

lemme give your way another go. I usually do all the table repairing / optimizing etc directly in the database. it's the only think I'm comfortable doing in there. I'll try from the acp on the upgraded board like you said and try again.
I think the software designer just told you the merger isnt designed to merge 1.6 into 1.8..... Toungue which is kinda silly coz they should know the upgrade steps.
that didn't work. still getting the same missing table error. I see the table there! ugh. never had such issues on this stuff before. DylanM manages the server and helps me out when he's around. Obviously he's been busy while I'm doing this. Smile But regardless, this should be easy stuff.

(2015-11-13, 04:01 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]I think the software designer just told you the merger isnt designed to merge 1.6 into 1.8..... Toungue

I upgraded my 1.6 board to 1.8 then tried to import the db like you said.
When that failed with the datacache nonsense, I tried merging the upgraded 1.8 board to the new clean 1.8 board. The attachments and avatars give the trouble there as I described above.

I'm running out of creative ideas how to get my board upgraded since the upgrade destroys the themes and doesn't install the new version of the themes and merging corrupts the attachments - which are needed on this particular board.

And why would anyone need to merge a 1.8 to 1.8? Wouldn't it make more sense to merge older boards to the new version? The only reason I can see merging 1.8 to 1.8 is to combine 2 similar forums.
1.6 themes will be UNUSEABLE in version 1.8+ you do know that right?

You need to

1. upgrade to version 1,8.6 all the way
2. export that DB,
3. upload a fresh mybb....rename your old folders
4. then install the fresh mybb 1,86
5. then import your OLD DB

i think your missing tables is coz you have tables with prefixes and some without prefixes, maybe you just need to add the mybb_ prefixes manually in your database
Pages: 1 2