MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to transfer a whole forum to another domain ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just as the title says

I want to transfer the whole forum from 1 domain to anotherĀ one.

Do i just download everything from a ftp client and then upload the downloaded content to the new domain ?

Will that work ?
1. Backup your website files/folders
2. Export your current database as a .sql file using phpmyadmin.
3. Upload your backed up files to you new host
4. Create a new database at your new host (in cPanel or whatever your new host uses)
5. Import your .sql file to your newly created database.
Just two simple steps are required. All you need to do is backup your database seperately as backing up whole database would cause problems for hosts. After taking the backup just upload in your directory. I have used public.html.
(2015-11-15, 07:06 AM)abhiup81 Wrote: [ -> ]Just two simple steps are required. All you need to do is backup your database seperately as backing up whole database would cause problems for hosts. After taking the backup just upload in your directory. I have used public.html.

Backing up causes problem for hosts xD?
That has never happened to me even though i back up my forum often also I merged forums quite a lot so... Idk where you heard this from and as you can see i already stated above everything he needed to know.
I tried that on shared server of namecheap and. this warning came up.
Thanks for the replies

Now i understand how to copy a whole forum
Can you mark the answer as solve?