MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Membership data file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What file is the membership data stored in? I would like to tease out  names, ISPs & email addresses. Using the

Admin/User Groups/Table View

I get the addies & Names but not the ISPs. To get the ISP I have to look at each individually which is a pita. If I knew which file(s) the membership info is kept in, I could extract the info into the format I want using custom program I wrote.

Thx,

Swede
MyBB doesn't store information on the ISP of users.
(2015-11-17, 04:52 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB doesn't store information on the ISP of users.

It must as it displays the Registration IP when clicking the Options button of a member.I want to use it check for bogus registrations. If I knew the file the data was in I could extract into a better format for my purposes (sort by ISP).

Thx your reply though.

Swede
(2015-11-18, 02:15 AM)Swede Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-17, 04:52 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB doesn't store information on the ISP of users.

It must as it displays the Registration IP when clicking the Options button of a member.I want to use it check for bogus registrations. If I knew the file the data was in I could extract into a better format for my purposes (sort by ISP).

Thx your reply though.

Swede

The users table includes a field for the registration IP, but does not store information about the ISP. The only way to map an IP to ISP is to call a WHOIS service.
Data file? MyBB stores member IPs encoded in the mybb_users table of your SQL database - not a physical file.
Swede, did you mean IPs or ISP?
(2015-11-18, 09:57 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Swede, did you mean IPs or ISP?
I apparently misspoke. I want the Registration IP's. Sorry for any confusion.

Thx,

Swede
Thanks the help guys. After talking to you guys, I found out from my ISP the data is in an SQL database on the server. I was able to dl the member database and tease out the info I wanted. Now I will be able to sort the membership by any field. Sorting by RegIP will make finding (some) "illegitmates" much easier.