MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting broken picture link in post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a new user of MyBB and appreciate some help as follows. I have had no problems inserting pics into posts in the past but I am now getting a broken link when I upload a jpg. Here's what's happening-
  1. Under 'Attachments' at the bottom of a new thread, a file is chosen and 'Add Attachment' clicked. Upload appears to work ok and file name is listed along with file size.
    [attachment=35561]
  2. Alongside the file name 'Insert into Post' is clicked and a reference appears eg [attachment=34] in the post.
  3. On previewing the post, the thumbnail shows as a broken link
    [attachment=35562]
  4. The other confusing thing is when I click on 'View my attachments' the attachments are listed and the one I uploaded is there.
    [attachment=35563]
    But when I click on the file name to view it I get 'The specified attachment does not exist'
    [attachment=35560]
My problem must be specific to my computer and/or my forum setup. But I never had the problem before and other than updating the computer OS recently have not made any changes to the forum itself. I have tried deleting and reposting the image file many times always with the same result. I am also the forum administrator by the way but am still feeling my way around and have recently made no changes as admin. I am aware there is a new update to MyBB but do not have enough knowledge or confidence to do install the update just yet.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I hope I have posted in the right area!?

Thanks much.

iMac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1
MyBB version 1.8.4
Moved to Support