MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=26

States that it works for 1.8* last release April 2015

Is anybody using this on 1.8.6 ?

I am testing this on a default installation. The plugin works, but when you click on go to select an avatar from the gallery, an error message first appears.

[Image: untitled.jpg]
I'm having this very issue. My tech admin has tried to solve it but we can't figure out how.

When we click "Go to Default Gallery" on the "Change Avatar" page, we get the page with the warning message shown in the attachment above. On this page we see as well once again the option "Go to Default Gallery". If we click that again, this time a page without a warning message is shown.

Other than that the plugin is working well, but it would look nicer without the warning message. How can I get rid of the warning message?

I'm using the latest version of Avatar Gallery and myBB 1.8.8.

Grateful for help in solving this.
I know about that error but I've haven't been able to fix it.
Ok, thanks for letting us know.
Any update on this? I'm having the same problem.
I tried too. Can't seem to fix it either after 2 hours. Sad

I think the mistake was to use the do_avatar action with input of gallery. I think you should have done actions of "gallery" and "do_gallery" instead and hook into usercp_start. You'd be able to fix this a lot easier.

I don't want to spend another 2 hours rewriting this over one error line.

Also another bug. If you disable remote avatars the error is wrong.

After this line:
$lang->error_invalidavatarurl = $lang->error_noavatar;

Add this line:
$lang->error_remote_avatar_not_allowed = $lang->error_noavatar;

Oh also the error says:
"You did not choose an avatar. Please go back and do so now. If you don't want an avatar, select the "No avatar" option."

But there is no "No Avatar" option so that should be removed.
I actually was able to figure out a simple fix for this. The problem is caused by the placement of the <form> tag in the usercp_avatar template. To fix, open the usercp_avatar template and find:

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="usercp.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />

and move it down to just before {$avatarupload}.
(2017-11-18, 11:27 PM)Starpaul20 Wrote: [ -> ]I actually was able to figure out a simple fix for this. The problem is caused by the placement of the <form> tag in the usercp_avatar template. To fix, open the usercp_avatar template and find:

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="usercp.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />

and move it down to just before {$avatarupload}.

Much love. I was toying mainly with the plugin page.  I'll check my dev site and see if your changes make the difference.  Also did you add my bug fix to the download?
Thanks! Worked like a charm! No error message displayed.
Perfect. Smile