MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: speed issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got gzip compression to 8 yet still my site loads slower for people i called my host... no issues on their end anyone can help forum url in signature....
A higher level of compression takes more time compressing the page. That's why we recommend medium level of compression. You may have to try out several levels to find the one with the best performance on your environment.
(2015-11-18, 05:42 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]A higher level of compression takes more time compressing the page. That's why we recommend medium level of compression. You may have to try out several levels to find the one with the best performance on your environment.

I do believe it's set to 4 by default(when enabled).
Ive changed it to 4 now slight improvement on speed but not much!
(2015-11-19, 06:25 PM)ytt Wrote: [ -> ]Ive changed it to 4 now slight improvement on speed but not much!

At that level of compression it shouldn't be causing your speed issue. How many plugins do you have installed/running?
Guys this has been a problem for multiple users starting with the 1.8.6 upgrade. There has been no resolution to this problem and has been going on since September.

The only feedback I get is from mods saying I need to change a line of code that has no effect on the issue.

My forum is now extremely slow and has been since the moment I installed the upgrade. There are long lags when submitting posts.

This is not a problem with people's host. This is directly attributed to the 1.8.6 upgrade.

What needs to happen for this issue to be resolved?
Average server response time is 2s if you test with Pagespeed, so might be a server problem. I am also running 1.8.6 and my response times are not that slow.
I have https://avidity.cf/ running on the latest version of MyBB and don't seem to be having any issues.
(2015-11-19, 10:39 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]Guys this has been a problem for multiple users starting with the 1.8.6 upgrade. There has been no resolution to this problem and has been going on since September.

The only feedback I get is from mods saying I need to change a line of code that has no effect on the issue.

My forum is now extremely slow and has been since the moment I installed the upgrade. There are long lags when submitting posts.

This is not a problem with people's host. This is directly attributed to the 1.8.6 upgrade.

1.8.7 will address this issue, and will be out soon. The fix is the exact same code patch posted earlier in this thread.
(2015-11-20, 11:45 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-19, 10:39 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]Guys this has been a problem for multiple users starting with the 1.8.6 upgrade. There has been no resolution to this problem and has been going on since September.

1.8.7 will address this issue, and will be out soon. The fix is the exact same code patch posted earlier in this thread.
great news and when is 1.8.7 releasing?
Pages: 1 2