MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unsubscribe a member from all emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to work out a way of unsubscribing one member from all emails.

I've tried going into their account in Admin CP and changing account settings.

Unchecked "Receive emails from Administrators"

Changed "Default thread subscription mode" to No Email Subscription.

But they still get an email when there is a new post, they have subscribed to nearly all threads but I'm getting a lot of failed mail deliveries every time there is a new post. I've tried to get them to sort it at their end but it would be easer for me if I could just stop the system sending any emails to *******@*****.com

Any ideas how I could stop the system sending emails to just one member?

Thank you.
You should go to his user panel, not admin panel. There is subscriptions menu here. He can do it himself btw.
(2015-11-19, 04:16 AM)Qiao Wrote: [ -> ]You should go to his user panel, not admin panel. There is subscriptions menu here. He can do it himself btw.

Hello yes I know she can do it herself, but she is not competent on doing it herself.

I need to do it from my end. I don't know where you are looking but I can't see where it is in the Users own CP by using "Edit this user in Mod CP". You can change the profile in their user cp but you can't change subscriptions or turn off emails from there.
This is a situation where admin hijack can be used for good. Its not ideal, I usually ask permission from my members before using it. You can get it at zingaburga's site.
User control panel, under Miscellaneous there is forum subscriptions and subscribed threads. Then click on remove all subscriptions.
@Leefish Thank you I've found it I'll go and have a play with it.

@Ashley1 Please read again.

(2015-11-19, 10:37 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]This is a situation where admin hijack can be used for good. Its not ideal, I usually ask permission from my members before using it. You can get it at zingaburga's site.

Thank you Leefish that will do the job.

Like you say not ideal but I'm the only one with access and my members trust me. Plus it's the first time I've needed to do this so it's not something I would use often.