MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database master needed - Thread data disappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A while back I moved a bunch of threads using
update mybb_threads set fid='x' where fid='y'

However, I didn't actually check the threads. I'm now seeing that it appears to just have moved the thread title, but no data. When trying to click on the thread, I get "the thread does not exist"

This was a long while ago that I moved them, but just now realizing the threads are gone... Crap.

The topics exist, but there seems to be no data for them.

What can we do? Need to restore the deleted forums and the data will come back? I'm actually not even sure I have a backup that old. This was done a long while back. Or...Is the data still there and just something not configured properly in the database?

Any suggestions are welcome.
It's still there (assuming you haven't dropped any tables or empty'd them).
Well the old forums have been deleted. Apparently this only changed the fid of the thread, not the posts themselves?? All the threads that had been moved using that technique are now totally blank.

Looks something like this now in MySql:

[Image: 9JcdrmL.jpg]

Thread data is there, but no posts....
Yeah, that's the mybb_threads table - give us a screenshot of some of the mybb_posts table.

I haven't done this for a while, so I need the schema.

Hang on a sec, I've just noticed that there's no datestamp or username in the threads table, why not?
I'm assuming it's because when the forums were deleted, that the post data was deleted along with them? Does that make sense? I've only got a rudimentary knowledge of MySQL... All the other threads are fine. It's just these ones that had been moved from other forums....
I can't help you, then - the data has been lost.
What about if I have a database backup from when the thread data was still there. Is it possible to restore them then?
Do you? Check that before we go any further. Make sure it's not corrupt, or doesn't have that information in it.
Working on it with hosting now. Taking a long lime time. There are some R1 backups, but the databases seem empty. Been on with them for 2 hours now. Now she's telling me it's impossible to get a copy of the database backup, that they can only restore it. Still sorting it out. Thank you for your patience man.
I know how frustrating it can be, I moved about 40MB of data from one database to a custom schema I built to strip a majority of the data. Before I did it, of course, I took a backup and used the backup, in case something died - which it did.
Pages: 1 2