MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: php revision compatibility vs myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please be advised that my web host (justhost.com) has recently changed the PHP revision level from 5.2 to version 5.6 and broke MyBB software (ver 1.8.6) and MyBB will not load due to errors.

I have asked my host to set the revision level of PHP back to something lower than the ver 5.6 to test the thought this newer version of PHP has broken the MyBB software.

The justhost.com tech did switch the revision level of PHP for me back to version 5.2 and MyBB worked fine so we then switched PHP revison level to 5.4 and the MyBB software worked fine.

However when we switched the PHP level to version 5.6 MyBB (vers 1.8.6) stopped working again.

Will MyBB 2.0 be compatible with PHP ver 5.6?

Or is there a fix or update available for rev 1.8.6 MyBB that can be used to allow compatibility with PHP version 5.6?

Note: justhost.com has told me they will not keep PHP version 5.4 very long and will at some near future point switch everyone over to PHP version 5.6, hence the need to tell this here.

Thank you,
What are the errors?

MyBB will always support the latest stable PHP releases. It's just a matter of fixing any issues which arise.
post full error message
or
your web server error log
I am running 1.8.6 on PHP 5.6 currently without issues.
I'm running PHP 5.6.12 with 2 installations (one fresh and one updated) of MyBB and both are running smooth on a Windows 10 environment.
PHP 5.2 is really old and it's a good step that they've directly upgraded to PHP 5.6. But as the others here said, MyBB runs fine on PHP 5.6. It probably is a plugin you have which will break the complete software. Posting the PHP error message would help more than just guessing what is wrong.
I am running 5.6 with 1 .8 and it's running fine