MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin "Powers"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend who set up my website is the Super Admin. I'm just an Admin. Well, my friend passed away last week and now I'm stuck in the dark for a few things. Is there any way possible I can get Super Admin "powers" now? I'm thinking no.

Thanks Gary J. aka Bloodstock64

www.saddlejacks.com/forums
IF you installed it from your cpanel then you can easily know Super Admin password in you softaculous>Installed applications>Your forum(MyBB) or simply you can do that via MySQL visit MyBB_users and change password(in md5) of uid 1. You need to encrypt your password by MD5 as it uses md5 encryption as password.
do you have access to files ? config.php file in inc folder has super admin related setting.
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
you can put your user ID there instead of earlier user id (viz., 1) and save the file.
$config['super_admins'] = '2';
(2015-11-21, 02:37 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]IF you installed it from your cpanel then you can easily know Super Admin password in you softaculous>Installed applications>Your forum(MyBB) or simply you can do that via MySQL visit MyBB_users and change password(in md5) of uid 1. You need to encrypt your password by MD5 as it uses md5 encryption as password.

My friend was a SEO so he set up EVERYTHING back in August 2014. I was just the site/forum organizer. I still don't know what 60% of the stuff is in the Admin Control Panel.

The site went down twice because of non payment to Hostgator but I
m guessing he paid the monthly fee. The second time it went down, he was close to his death bed so maybe his wife paid it.

To answer your question, NO, I don't have access to cpanel.

(2015-11-21, 02:41 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]do you have access to files ? config.php file in inc folder has super admin related setting.
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
you can put your user ID there instead of earlier user id (viz., 1) and save the file.
$config['super_admins'] = '2';

Thanks but you're going to have to hold my hand.

Where do I find all of that in the admin CP?
(2015-11-21, 03:41 PM)Bloodstock64 Wrote: [ -> ]My friend was a SEO so he set up EVERYTHING back in August 2014. I was just the site/forum organizer. I still don't know what 60% of the stuff is in the Admin Control Panel.

m guessing he paid the monthly fee. The second time it went down, he was close to his death bed so maybe his wife paid it.

Hostgator, i ll suggest you to move your forum and website another host but make sure your future host is not an EIG brand like hostgator, justhost, fat com, bluehost, etc search on internet about EIG and you ll find huge negative reviews about their owned hosting companies.

(2015-11-21, 03:41 PM)Bloodstock64 Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I find all of that in the admin CP?

If you have access to Ftp or filemanager browse public_html>inc>config.php
(2015-11-21, 04:49 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-21, 03:41 PM)Bloodstock64 Wrote: [ -> ]My friend was a SEO so he set up EVERYTHING back in August 2014. I was just the site/forum organizer. I still don't know what 60% of the stuff is in the Admin Control Panel.

Hostgator, i ll suggest you to move your forum and website another host but make sure your future host is not an EIG brand like hostgator, justhost, fat com, bluehost, etc search on internet about EIG and you ll find huge negative reviews about their owned hosting companies.

(2015-11-21, 03:41 PM)Bloodstock64 Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I find all of that in the admin CP?

If you have access to Ftp or filemanager browse public_html>inc>config.php

Well my original site with my friend who set it up will die with him

I had to start all over again.

www.saddlejacks2.com
You can get your database from your ACP>tools & maintenance>Database backup
after backup you can import that database in your new forum if you want all threads and users back
I not a "tech savvy" guy, I just run the forums. I had someone else try buthe couldn't get it.

Thanks for the help anyway. It sucks losing all the old threads and posts but the show just moved on to SaddleJacks2.com . No biggee.

MYbb is AWESOME (and I use that word twice a year)