MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User can login only with email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 login with username doesn't work anymore for most members. Mail works fine.
Of course, setting are correct to allow both.
I've already searched similar problems, but apparently only the opposite happened some time ago (bug fixed anyway by now).
Shouldn't be a cookie problem, already tried clearing it, the url/path is always the same (didn't change host just upgraded the same install).
Also I don't have this problem on some accounts (mine for example), but most do.
I have no clue, what could cause this?
Its in login settings
Allow
(2015-11-27, 09:21 PM)mrmod Wrote: [ -> ]Its in login settings
Allow

As i wrote, It is already allowed.
I have allowed both email and username, but not all can login with username. Mail works fine for all instead.
Try either a fresh install
It ehm bump and what templates u using
(2015-12-01, 01:17 AM)mrmod Wrote: [ -> ]Try either a fresh install
It ehm bump and what templates u using

A custom one, but that shouldn't be a problem because some can access normally some can't. If it was the template I guess nobody could use their username to login.
Also can't fresh install, it is a years old forum with over 20k members and 800k posts.
Not sure if you still need help, but if you do, please provide forum URL, try disabling all plugins in General Configuration and show ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> File Verification results.

I saw this problem described on another forum not so long ago and it may be a bug.