MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sitemap engine not working for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=544
I installed the plugin, it was a php file.
uploaded to mysite/forums/inc/plugins
Then from Admin panel> plugins menu activated the plugin.
After that in the settings panel made the plugin active.
I dont see any xml file at mysite/forums/sitemap.xml
That plugin is very inefficient, I wouldn't recommend using it. It runs a query which selects all threads from the database and writes them to sitemap.xml when anyone requests index.php. Try using Google SEO instead.
(2015-11-23, 10:19 AM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]That plugin is very inefficient, I wouldn't recommend using it. It runs a query which selects all threads from the database and writes them to sitemap.xml when anyone requests index.php. Try using Google SEO instead.

It took few minutes to create sitemap.xml
I used it on my other website and it worked well enough I dont know about its inefficiency but there is no other plugin to create sitemap for mybb apart from this one. Google seo plugin is outdated.
If you create sitemap using other online websites they generate links for all the useless pages like printthread.php, ratethread.php etc.. because they are not optimized for mybb.
yes Google seo plugin is outdated and developer doesn't maintains it. Any one got good sitemap xml generator ?

why mybb 1.8 is not seo friendly ? is mybb 2.0 seo friendly ?