MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is 2.0 going to be ready until end of this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is 2.0 going to be active before we finish this year?

why i am asking this question is someone is making a theme for me and i use 1.8.6 version and if 2.0 is going to be out soon i think i should wait and let them make one for 2.0. but if its not going to be ready at least 4-5 month then i am okay lol.
Given to the fact there isn't a beta or even an alpha version yet, it's highly unlikely to see a final version until the end of this year. Wink
My guess? 2.0 beta in early 2016. Stable probably summer-autumn. Of course there's also the new website (I assume), mods site, merge system, documentation, and internal plugins to rewrite.

Time will tell. Smile
There are no set dates, but an early public access to the software will be available before the end of the year. We will be shouting at anybody who thinks about using that on a live public board though Wink
From what I can say as a past staff, probably not. It's so great that it's worth the extra time though, that I can promise you!
(2015-11-24, 01:35 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]From what I can say as a past staff, probably not. It's so great that it's worth the extra time though, that I can promise you!

I would hope so. 

Seriously - don't rush it, guys. Forget the impatient members and take as much time as is needed.
Okay perfect, ill just use 1.8.6 for a year or so until the stable of 2.0 is out and ready.
(2015-11-24, 09:26 AM)Boris12 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay perfect, ill just use 1.8.6 for a year or so until the stable of 2.0 is out and ready.

I would have to second this. No rush.