MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there anyway to get MyAlerts to redirect to /alerts.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question to see if it is possible. If it is, what template(s) would i edit?

Instead of a little pop up box of alerts showing and being sometimes buggy, i thought it would be better if the MyAlerts tab took you to /alerts.php

Is it possible? 

Thanks in advance!
Moved to Plugin Support.

Swifter, please make your posts in the right forum - preferably in the right thread Smile.

Euan is probably subscribed to his release thread and so you will get a faster reply if you ask there. I do think this question has already been asked (and answered) elsewhere on the forum.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-185938.html
myalerts_headericon under the MyAlerts templates.
(2015-11-23, 11:50 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to Plugin Support.

Swifter, please make your posts in the right forum - preferably in the right thread Smile.

Euan is probably subscribed to his release thread and so you will get a faster reply if you ask there. I do think this question has already been asked (and answered) elsewhere on the forum.

Sorry for that Leefish. I'll remember next time and learn to post in the correct place around the forums now Big Grin

(2015-11-23, 11:51 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]myalerts_headericon under the MyAlerts templates.

Do you know the template code for it Ashley? I want it to be the way it is and show alerts, but when you click, go to alerts.php

Mines is currently this on myalerts_headericon
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php" class="head_button myalerts open_modal" data-selector="#myalerts_alerts_modal">{$lang->myalerts_alerts} ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>
(2015-11-23, 11:55 AM)Swifter Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry for that Leefish. I'll remember next time and learn to post in the correct place around the forums now Big Grin

(2015-11-23, 11:51 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]myalerts_headericon under the MyAlerts templates.

Do you know the template code for it Ashley? I want it to be the way it is and show alerts, but when you click, go to alerts.php

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php" class="head_button myalerts open_modal" data-selector="#myalerts_alerts_modal">{$lang->myalerts_alerts} ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>

I posted that code for the Sleeq theme, don't believe it'll work correctly with the one you're using.
(2015-11-23, 12:01 PM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]

I posted that code for the Sleeq theme, don't believe it'll work correctly with the one you're using.

I managed to get it to work and by clicking on it, it redirects to alerts.php
[Image: 700dcdc145f68fe17aeacead5f208b0c.png]

Here is my code in myalerts_headericon
<a href="alerts.php"></i>&nbsp;&nbsp; {$lang->myalerts_alerts} &nbsp;<span class="msgcount">{$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']}</span></a></li>
</ul>

Do you think you can help me with the code to get it like this? Thanks in advance!
[Image: 6f55fc5edd77cc3c8f4c472c4a859920.png]
(2015-11-23, 12:20 PM)Swifter Wrote: [ -> ]

<a href="alerts.php"></i>&nbsp;&nbsp; {$lang->myalerts_alerts} &nbsp;<span class="msgcount">{$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']}</span></a></li>
</ul>

Do you think you can help me with the code to get it like this? Thanks in advance!

In

Before "{$lang->myalerts_alerts} ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>" you can add your font-awesome code or what ever you're using for your icons. Add a space after it if needed.
(2015-11-23, 12:35 PM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-23, 12:20 PM)Swifter Wrote: [ -> ]

</ul>

In

Before "{$lang->myalerts_alerts} ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>" you can add your font-awesome code or what ever you're using for your icons. Add a space after it if needed.

Thank you for this. I also have a slight problem with newpoints on postbit_classic that's out of place, could i PM you for assistance?