MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.6.9 to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title states, I need to upgrade forums to the newest version of mybb. What is the best way to accomplish this? I really only want the users and posts to transfer since most plugins are not compatible with 1.8. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I will be installing first on local client using Wamp and then if all is good transfer back to host. What steps would I use to accomplish this also.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
The best thing is to install on WAMP, switch off all plugins and see if your board still works Smile.

Then, run the upgrade process on WAMP. It should just upgrade.

If that works, then you can do the same on the live board. As long as you have a good backup of the database and attachments/avatars you should be fine.
If most of the old plugins are not compatible with 1.8 are there directories I should leave out of the back up? Would hate to clutter up a new install with old out dated and not needed files. Really only need to keep users and posts/forums. Which directories should I keep and which are not needed?

also can I upgrade from 1.6.9 to the newest mybb without issues?
I am working on it. I am doing experiments on localhost for perfect upgrade without any issue.
I will give your stepwise method.
Thanks. I look forward to it. Doing this as a favor so I really don't want to mess it up.