MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Full text search and "Hard Limit for Maximum Search Results"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have an issue with the Full Text search and "Hard Limit for Maximum Search Results".
For most discussed topic, the latests threads are not display in search result (sorted by date descending). The "newest" post are from 2012...

I found this is caused by hard limit, because it limits the search result occurences without taking into consideration the post date.

I want to set hard limit because I have ~2 milions posts.

Can I give newest posts higher priority in search result ?
Sorting by date/lastpost descending is done by default, as you can see on this forum. You can select other sorting in search options.
Sorry I was not clear enough. I'm talking about Hard limit that can be set in admin console.

Yes I agree on your remark, but it doesn't apply on SQL request when there is a hard limit, it only sort the sql results data. For example, I get 1000 posts in result of my search then they are sorted by date descending. But the 1000 posts returned are not the 1000 latests posts that match my search but the 1000 oldest posts...

On the search I've done, when hard limit is set in admin console, the most recent posts returned as search result are from 2012.
If I remove hard limit, I have all the post, including 2015 posts...