MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will 2.0 allow developers to easily integrate MyBB into their websites?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will 2.0 allow developers to easily integrate MyBB into their websites?

Allow me to be more specific in this question, will I be able to extend MyBB to the point where I can declare my own custom routes but still using the MyBB user system through the Auth facade for example.
(2015-11-25, 02:31 PM)KieronWiltshire Wrote: [ -> ]Will 2.0 allow developers to easily integrate MyBB into their websites?

Allow me to be more specific in this question, will I be able to extend MyBB to the point where I can declare my own custom routes but still using the MyBB user system through the Auth facade for example.

Yes. You can either use a Facade or have the ACL dependency injected into any custom Controllers you define. Additionally, the authorisation (user login/logout/roles/permissions) components are available as a separate package for custom applications using Composer.
(2015-11-25, 04:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. You can either use a Facade or have the ACL dependency injected into any custom Controllers you define. Additionally, the authorisation (user login/logout/roles/permissions) components are available as a separate package for custom applications using Composer.
Just one word for it ...

awesome
(2015-11-25, 04:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-25, 02:31 PM)KieronWiltshire Wrote: [ -> ]Will 2.0 allow developers to easily integrate MyBB into their websites?

Yes. You can either use a Facade or have the ACL dependency injected into any custom Controllers you define. Additionally, the authorisation (user login/logout/roles/permissions) components are available as a separate package for custom applications using Composer.

Okay this is awesome, but is the ACL scalable? can I define my own permissions to it? I only ask so that I have the ability to use the same role system rather than mapping two.
(2015-12-05, 02:11 PM)KieronWiltshire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-25, 04:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay this is awesome, but is the ACL scalable? can I define my own permissions to it? I only ask so that I have the ability to use the same role system rather than mapping two.

Yes, same with the settings package Smile The only limit is that permissions have to have unique names, such as "topic.can_create".