MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to stop guests from opening the threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let guests view the forum from outside but they should not be allowed to view the thread, if they click on the thread they should be asked to register first.
Is there a setting for this.
ACP - users & guest. click on the guests group and then forum & posts. Deselect "can view threads?"
(2015-11-26, 04:22 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]ACP - users & guest. click on the guests group and then forum & posts. Deselect "can view threads?"

I did that dont know why it hides the threads for guests
Because there's no point in showing to guests links, that they are not allowed to view.
You could make a simple core edit to the showthread.php file.
Try this

http://mods.mybb.com/view/member-groups-...-threads-2

* for MyBB 1.6.x , so you may start by changing compatibility to 1.8.x to see if it works.
That would be advanced for new members stopping guests the core edit is advanced plugin is helpful and thanks Ashley And vanz
(2015-11-27, 08:56 PM)mrmod Wrote: [ -> ]That would be advanced for new members stopping guests the core edit is advanced plugin is helpful and thanks Ashley And vanz

Thanks @mrmod ,

I'm disappointed that the OP has not returned to say if this works, or don't work, or he has solved his issue another way.
No problem vanz I rated you +1 for help