MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you change an icon such as this?: [Image: off.gif]
You can't. That img is coming from your host, not myBB. To change it, you'll have to contact your host and ask them.
No that's an new/old image. It's the old icon.
Ah. Your host does not allow hotlinking so to us it does not look like that image. As for changing the image I honestly do not know Sad I rarely use the administration cp since I do not have my own board. Hopefully k776 or someone else can answer that.
Hmm. I see. My guess would be myBB uses the $PHP_SELF url, which means the img is not ./images/off.gif, but rather http://slateport.sl.funpic.org/forums/images/off.gif and your server is interpreting that as hotlinking

Nope. Not that. My next guess would have to be that off.gif is reserved by your server and wont let you use it Confused. Try making it into nonew.gif and turning all images heading to off.gif into nonew.gif, starting with the file forums.php (the orignal index.php), eg:
$pmfolder = "off.gif";
into
$pmfolder = "nonew.gif";
and
$folder = "off";
into
$folder = "nonew";
Those two will take care of most of them. If you fidn any others and can't fix them, let me know and I'll help
Argh. That is not the problem Toungue It shows up fine when you view his forum. The image will not show up when linked to by other servers though (hotlinking is disabled). All he needs to know is how to change the image location.

Trikip, it may be best just to overwrite the on.gif/off.gif files like you did the logo.
Actually, I just hotlinked it and pasted it into my browser and visited his forum. And off.gif does not work :/ on.gif and offlock.gif are working fine though.

Take a look at: http://slateport.sl.funpic.org/forums/forums.php
They are on his server, not hotlinked, yet it still doesn't work.

I still think off.gif is being used by the server! Try my idea and see if it works. It wouldn't hurt too!
off.gif is working for me. It probably just has to do with the fact that you viewed it on this forum before viewing it there.
Oh :$ You are right. It was a cached image. Anyway, I misread the oringal meaning of this forum. Soz Trikip.

Find ./images/off.gif and change it to whatever you need. That will change it all over the site