MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sidebar latest thread w/out plugin help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to add sidebars to my forum without a plugin. So far I've added the divider and everything except i can't seem to grab the latest threads. The link is http://therlest.com/forum/ . It shows the divider but not latest threads.

This is my sidebar code in the index: (not full index code just sidebar code)
{$header}
<div class="sidebar" style="float: right; width: 17%;">

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(function(){
jQuery(".latestthreads").load("{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php .latestthreads_portal");
}); </script>

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead">
Latest Threads
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow3" style="{$collapsed['ths_e']}" id="ths_e">

<div class="latestthreads float_left">
</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>

</div>

<div class="forums" style="float: left; width: 83%;">
{$forums}
</div>
{$boardstats}

This is my portal_latestthreads_thread
<tr class="latestthreads_portal">
<td class="{$altbg}">
<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>
<span class="smalltext"><br>
<a href="{$thread['lastpostlink']}">{$lang->latest_threads_lastpost}</a> {$lastposterlink}<br>
{$lastpostdate} {$lastposttime}<br>
</span>
</td>
</tr>
You have disabled portal in ACP, that's why your index template JS code doesn't work.
(2015-11-30, 08:15 AM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]You have disabled portal in ACP, that's why your index template JS code doesn't work.

I just enabled it and it still doesn't work
Did you also enabled "show latest discussions" in ACP portal settings?
Same happening with me (i guess he and me are using codes of Square theme for placing that latest threads sidebar)
i have enabled portals and show latest discussions also.
My Site: Post4VPS.com

If i could get a latest threats just like http://realityforum.net then that would be awesome (there sidebar updates automatically weather we reload our site or not)
(2015-11-30, 02:02 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Did you also enabled "show latest discussions" in ACP portal settings?

Yes, it is enabled