MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My plans for my plugin project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I been outlining a development project on an advance Ranking system for posts. This plugin will include a Hall of Fame (Hall of Posters) ideally the top 20 users on your website with their avatars and post count. There will be a placement rank on a user's profile and in the postbit area of user information within threads/posts. Ranks 1st - 100th will be highlighted gold. 101st - 200th will be highlighted as silver, and 201st - 300th will be highlighted as Bronze. While 301st+ will just have the number in black without a highlighted color. Admins will be able to set the max number of ranks depending on their forum. If they have 600 members, they may only use Top 300 or just rank 100 users. I am still learning php  and coding. I think this will be useful for gaming website and encouragement for user participation. Any feedback or suggestions about this? I am looking for some improvements to make it look better. Smile
I strongly recommend using a cache and a task that runs to calculate ranks daily. With many users it can get server intensive so that's why saving the result as a cache is ideal.