MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to transfer MyBB forum to a different server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am thinking about changing hosts for my 3 MyBB Forums.  What is involved in doing so?  I understand uploading the FTP files and all but what about databases and such? 

Also, can anyone recommend a low cost but stable and fast host?
First backup your database then create a new database on your new host and assign a new user with password to new database then import the old database dump, then edit the config file to reflect your new database with username and password.

And for good and cheap host man there is lot of providers you can check on WHT, LET and on ReviewHell
(2015-12-04, 01:47 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I am thinking about changing hosts for my 3 MyBB Forums.  What is involved in doing so?  I understand uploading the FTP files and all but what about databases and such? 

Also, can anyone recommend a low cost but stable and fast host?

RocketFoot, Moving large databases from a server to another, check that tutorial, A good guide to read:
[Tutorial] Moving a [very] large database without any data loss! by TheGarfield.

Very good guide and will help!
I personally helped me a lot in my change of hosting! a [very] large database without any data loss!