MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatars and attachments not uploading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Attempts to upload an avatar or an attachment fail without any error message.  In other words, the only indication that something is wrong is that the avatar/attachment doesn't appear.  Remote avatars work fine.

I have read through enough of the posts about this issue to be fairly certain the problem is not chmod permissions or directory path related.  Here are the settings:

drwxrwxrwx   3 root root  4096 Apr 25 11:49 uploads
drwxrwxrwx   2 root root 4096 Apr 25 11:49 avatars

Originally these were set to owner 'apache', change made no difference.

Board Settings --- Server and Optimization Options --- Uploads Path
is set to: ./uploads

Note: also tried just ' uploads '

Board Settings --- User Registration and Profile Options --- Avatar Upload Path
is set to: uploads/avatars

Note: was originally ' ./uploads/avatars ', changed it as recommended in another thread.

Are the above not correct? Are there other settings I should check?

TIA,
Ignatz
CHMOD uploads and uploads/avatars to 777
Tikitiki Wrote:CHMOD uploads and uploads/avatars to 777

I realize that solves this 99% of the time, but they are already 777, as shown in the original post.
Are you using a windows server?
No, Linux.
Can you contact your host about this? It seems like it might be an issue with them.
It's my machine, so I'm it.

I considered it might be the restrictive iptables settings I use, but granted my computer unlimited access and moved it to first in the list and it still didn't work.

Also searched for restrictive .htaccess settings and there were none.

Anything else you can suggest I check?
How large (file size) were the avatars/attachments that you tried to upload?

Are file uploads enabled by your web host (in php.ini)?
I am having the same issue at my site and is was working before the upgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7. The chmod is the 777 I checked it twice and it will not let me upload and image and it doesn't give an error message. It lets you use a link but not a file from your computer. It is with in the right file size and file height and width. Like I said it worked for me before.
The problem is, it simply couldn't have been the update. Because we didn't change anything relating to the avatar and attachment uploading functions.
Pages: 1 2