MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Box Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I go about theming the Login Box that pops up when you click login I've tried editing the header_welcomeblock_guest and it didn't work.
the class is .modal in the global.css, that's the window.

In header_welcomeblock_guest you edit the html, the structure inside that box.
Well here's the code I have can you see if I possibly did anything wrong in my code or if I need to add anything to it?
<link href="images/technologx/login.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<div class="login">
  <div class="heading">
    <h2>{$header}</h2>
    <form action="member.php" method="post">
	<strong>{$lang->login}</strong>	

<div class="input-group input-group-lg">
        <span class="input-group-addon"><i class="fa fa-user"></i></span>
        <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="{$lang->username}">
          </div>

<div class="input-group input-group-lg">
          <span class="input-group-addon"><i class="fa fa-lock"></i></span>
          <input type="password" class="form-control" placeholder="{$lang->password}">
        </div>
	<input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" checked="checked" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label>

<a href="member.php?action=lostpw"><button type="submit" class="float">Lost Password</button></a>
        <button type="submit" class="float">Login</button>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="{$redirect_url}" />
       </form>
 		</div>
 </div>

So when it comes to creating my own login box how do I stop the original themes login box style from showing up instead of mine?
This

You don't need to call again a custom css, if you want to use a custom .css for your theme go and create a new .css from your acp then make it global and paste your custom CSS there, the theme will read it globally.

Also you can use global.css too, the only thing you need to do is avoid the classes and id's that already exist and create new classes and ids.
(2015-12-06, 06:41 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]This

You don't need to call again a custom css, if you want to use a custom .css for your theme go and create a new .css from your acp then make it global and paste your custom CSS there, the theme will read it globally.

Also you can use global.css too, the only thing you need to do is avoid the classes and id's that already exist and create new classes and ids.

When it comes to the .modal in the global.css would I be able to delete that and things be fine?
¿Why you want to delete the .modal class? ¿You don't like it or what?
Because this is how my login box is looking with the custom css and no I don't have it linked I just found a guide on another site that had it linked so I figured I'd try.

[attachment=35610]

I'm using this login form: http://www.template.net/wp-content/uploa...mplate.zip
Well you can do the same, but if you don't know how then you can't make it.

You need to learn a bit of html/css and the vars mybb use for the text and the things you need in order to correctly login in your forum.
(2015-12-06, 07:41 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Well you can do the same, but if you don't know how then you can't make it.

You need to learn a bit of html/css and the vars mybb use for the text and the things you need in order to correctly login in your forum.

Well I'm trying to learn how to do this so would you be able to help? Like maybe tell me what I need to edit or where I need to place my code I'm using for the login box.

For some reason the login box is showing up on the forum itself.

[attachment=35612]

I've seemed to get it figured out now I just have to actually figure out how to theme the login box lol.