MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum crashes when I try to open the plugin section (admincp)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I go to /admin/index.php?module=config-plugins I got an '500 Internal Server Error'. I recently made a fresh install and decided to give MyBB 1.8 a try since I'd been using MyBB 1.6 for a long time now. It works perfectly fine except for when I go to the Plugin management section. It won't load and, eventually, I get an 'Internal Server Error' (sometimes this has caused the whole site to crash).

So I've been looking at ./admin/modules/config/plugin.php and see what was causing it. After a few tests, the problem is this line:

build_plugin_list($i_plugins);
(line 390)

Well, actually the whole function but I'm referring to that line because build_plugin_list($a_plugins); didn't give me such a problem (I suppose because there's no plugin installed or active). It seems when it tries to build the plugin list it just can't. I've tried getting rid of all plugins in the ./inc/plugins directory and see if it kept happening, and it actually did even though the directory was empty.

I don't know if it's a bug or what it is, but I'd like to know if someone had a clue of what's going on.
that alreay happened to me
the issue was a plugin (dont remeber wich one) that i've upload and when i went to install it gave same error
sometimes the plugins doesnt need to active or installed to cuase this
delete the content of plugins folder and upload the content from the mybb1.8.6 plugins folder and give it a try
Look like there is a broken plugin just do simple thing, disable all plugins from init.php in inc folder by adding "define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);" without quotes just before the define("TIME_NOW", time()); on line 34 or 35.
No, it's not that line that causes the error. The problem are $db->table_exists calls in plugins, which use a very slow query. It will be fixed in the next MyBB version, so marking this as duplicate.
(2015-12-06, 04:23 PM)subzr1 Wrote: [ -> ]that alreay happened to me
the issue was a plugin (dont remeber wich one) that i've upload and when i went to install it gave same error
sometimes the plugins doesnt need to active or installed to cuase this
delete the content of plugins folder and upload the content from the mybb1.8.6 plugins folder and give it a try

That would make sense if I ever installed or activated any plugins, which is not the case. I haven't had the chance to activate/install any plugin because I haven't been able to access the Plugin management page since I installed MyBB.

(2015-12-06, 04:36 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Look like there is a broken plugin just do simple thing, disable all plugins from init.php in inc folder by adding "define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);" without quotes just before the define("TIME_NOW", time()); on line 34 or 35.

That's good if I want to disable any plugin that I might've installed but whenever I remove that line, the error keeps appearing. It just happens I don't have any plugin installed since I just installed the forum so I never did anything plugins related.

(2015-12-06, 05:51 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's not that line that causes the error. The problem are $db->table_exists calls in plugins, which use a very slow query. It will be fixed in the next MyBB version, so marking this as duplicate.

Well, by removing that line I get the page to load but I guess you must be right. So in the meantime, is there any solution? Cause waiting till next MyBB version is released... well, you know xD

Thank you all guys!
Sorry but I haven't been able to fix this issue yet. Could anyone tell me how to solve it? I can't literally access the plugin section and therefore I can't use any plugin in my forum. It seems like a pretty serious problem to me.
Had this issue earlier, hopefully this fixes it.
Replace the inc/db_mysqli.php file with these contents:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...mysqli.php
It is working now, thank you both for your kind help Big Grin