MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Forum & Web Design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was curious if MyBB was ever going to expand from just being a forum system to possibly a full on Web Design program? My main thoughts on this is I would like to build a website with a forum, however I also want regular pages. That being said, I would want different usergroups to have access to certain pages (much like how the forums are handled). So the membership and usergroups would affect the entire site and permission to view certain pages the same way such restrictions can be applied to the forums.

Is this something that is in the works at all? Because MyBB is by far my favorite forum system, and I wanted to integrate the usergroups more fully with my planned site.
You could accomplish that using plugins for MyBB (custom pages with group permissions) - though I am not aware of such for 1.8, I don't think it would require much hassle to build something like this. The 2.0 styling system should allow you to customize the look as you wish.
MyBB 2.0 is built upon Laravel so it should be a matter of dropping in a controller, some templates, and a few custom routes.
You can do this already in 1.8 WITH the custom fields plugin (whats it called again) zingaburga one Xhreads

what it needs to be a full CMS is better parser and menu system