MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Forum & Web Design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this in the 2.0 forum as well, but I'm wondering if something like this is already available for 1.8. I haven't made a forum in a good while (I think I was still using 1.4 back in the day).

I was curious if MyBB was ever going to expand from just being a forum system to possibly a full on Web Design program? My main thoughts on this is I would like to build a website with a forum, however I also want regular pages. That being said, I would want different usergroups to have access to certain pages (much like how the forums are handled). So the membership and usergroups would affect the entire site and permission to view certain pages the same way such restrictions can be applied to the forums.

Is this something that is in the works at all? Because MyBB is by far my favorite forum system, and I wanted to integrate the usergroups more fully with my planned site.
(2015-12-09, 05:07 PM)RevShadow Wrote: [ -> ]I posted this in the 2.0 forum as well, but I'm wondering if something like this is already available for 1.8. I haven't made a forum in a good while (I think I was still using 1.4 back in the day).

I was curious if MyBB was ever going to expand from just being a forum system to possibly a full on Web Design program? My main thoughts on this is I would like to build a website with a forum, however I also want regular pages. That being said, I would want different usergroups to have access to certain pages (much like how the forums are handled). So the membership and usergroups would affect the entire site and permission to view certain pages the same way such restrictions can be applied to the forums.

Is this something that is in the works at all? Because MyBB is by far my favorite forum system, and I wanted to integrate the usergroups more fully with my planned site.

You're looking more for a CMS-type forum, which sound a lot like what vBulletin did with version 4 and version 5. Not sure if there is a plugin for MyBB 1.8, but MyBB 2.0 might be able to integrate with websites because of Laravel, but you may still have to work with your pages to hook them into MyBB. It is still in-development so it may or may not change between now and it's release.
I don't think this available for 1.8 and it's difficult to say for 2.0 but I would imagine a plugin could be made.
With Xthreads, you can turn myBB v1.8 is a pretty good CMS.....but you need to get your head around the fact that the forum posts are already pages as well....
(2015-12-11, 04:04 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]With Xthreads, you can turn myBB v1.8 is a pretty good CMS.....but you need to get your head around the fact that the forum posts are already pages as well....

I've thought about it like that, but it's not quite the style I had planned Wink I want it to look more like an informational site with an optional community on the side.