MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb3 merge - attachments issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: Just seen other threads that some users have had similar issues but no-one has come up with a definitive answer, apart from some code but no indication of where to put it or run it!

Currently trying to run the 1.8.6 merge system process to move from phpBB 3.0.12 and when I run the Attachments process I am getting the following MyBB SQL Error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
  1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Query:
   SELECT tid FROM mybb_posts WHERE pid=

Huh 

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
S

Ok, after some further investigation I have solved it myself.

I was able to manually delete some orphaned attachments in phpbb3 and re-ran the merge process, all now ok and the forum has successfully migrated to mybb. Smile

S.
How did you find these orphaned files?  Hoping this can solve my issue too!
(2015-12-12, 06:56 PM)TrekAngel Wrote: [ -> ]How did you find these orphaned files?  Hoping this can solve my issue too!

In the phpBB3 ACP > Posting > Orphaned attachments, you can select and delete any orphaned items or alternatively if you know which post they belong to you can re-attach them.

Cheers,
S.