MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Media Sharing Buttons on Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Social medias are a must in the current time, even if few people don't need/want it, the majority wants it and that should be considered. It should be implemented and with the possibility to turn it off in acp config.

It should be not very space taking, but simply a 'share' button with mouseover, once mouse is over, the social media button appear.
I totally agree I mean social media sharing buttons don't take up much space at all all it is is a little api and images nothing that serious.
This feature should be a must in today's times!  I would just replace the much outdated "Send this Thread to a Friend" via email link with a "Share  this Thread" link, and then show them the social share buttons that the admin has chosen to display on his forum.  Admin should be able to choose which social share buttons he would like to display in the admin cp, and also have the option to disable social sharing all together. That way everybody is happy  Wink
Btw I need to know ur thoughts about this social media plugin
for my webstore https://www.modulesshop.com/en/prestasho...rvice.html
Or u can recommend me some more addons?
To be honest, I think many things should be plugins.

It's not that plugins are bad, but not as much of a spotlight is put on plugins, they're hidden pretty out of the way and don't get so much focus. Wordpress has actually been removing many features from the core for years and turning them into plugins.

Plugins should be easily discoverable and ultra easy to install.
This should be a plugin, easier to maintain.
+ sup for plugin
Let me re-iterate that the list of social media sites should be configurable
(2017-10-05, 03:45 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]This should be a plugin, easier to maintain.

Not to mention the sites that may not want to give users the ability to share (with one click) to social media.
Plugin only.
Pages: 1 2 3