MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Media Sharing Buttons on Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think there should be social media sharing buttons on posts after you create them like IPB has. Also you should have the option to have checked before you post to automatically share to social media sites like facebook and twitter.
The list of relevant social sites changes frequently; as such, the list should not be hard-coded. I don't know if this should be core, or left as a (popular) plugin.
It should be core I mean only the most top 5 popular social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Pinterest, Dribble sites like that.
(2015-12-17, 02:16 AM)Technologx Wrote: [ -> ]It should be core I mean only the most top 5 popular social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Pinterest, Dribble sites like that.

As I was saying, the list of relevant (popular) social sites are in constant flux and even vary based on region. An API could be provided so forum admin can configure social sites or add custom ones.
I know this is a late reply but having this in the ACP for site owners to have without having to download a plugin for it. Comes in handy not only that it helps bring members to peoples website.
Personally, I think it would be lame if a new forum software didn't come with the ability to add social media sharing icons to posts, and the site in general.
I don't know why people feel like most things should be "core", otherwise MyBB 2.0 would be worthless.

I for once prefer most additional features to be plugins over built-in, and here's why :
- Frequently updated. Core features only get updated when the whole thing gets updated.
- You only install it if you really need it.
- You would have a multitude of choices, implementations in plugins will vary, while if something is core, everyone is entitled to using that particular implementation.
I don't think it would make MyBB 2.0 worthless it would make it more useful and why does social icons need to be a plugin it should be core flat out.
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202016-04-06%20at%209.33.3...rdu3pg.png]

Every forum software should have this already implemented!
It would be no problem to write a plugin that provides these social media buttons. Not everybody needs them. I tend to block them everywhere in the Internet anyway and would have no use for transfering forum posts to twitter. So I would definitly delete them from the templates. But if everybody wants them it is also no problem for me to deete them from the templates.
It should be default I mean it's a way to get your forum out there by having people who view your forum share items on your forum. There shouldn't need to be a plugin made just to have this feature.
Pages: 1 2 3